Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

LIST of 8000 Rewards Points/night BW Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Let me start off by saying that I like Best Western, I truly do. But when I searched and searched for hotels that are the "8000" reward point range I could find none.

I found this one - Best Western Naples Plaza

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=10280

for which they currently charge about $50 bucks per night (yes I said $50). But when you click on reward points they have the nerve to charge 12000. Trust me, this is like the lowest grade BW that it gets.

Please satisfy my curiosity -- if the 8000 reward point hotels even exist. When I called BW, I was told that "the prices change and the points change" so they were not able to provide me a listing of any 8000 points/night hotels.

I am skeptical. Make me a believer, please. Do 8000 point BW's even exist? If so please post them here. Thank you for your support.

^
Old May 18, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Hi BillyBaloney,

you are right i also not found Best Western Hotels for 8.000 Points in my Austria/ Germany Region first start from 12.000 Points.

I think the best way are the exchange to Best Western Travel Card.

Then you get also again Points for your stay and pay with the reward of the Travel Card.

Greetz,

Svenfly
Old May 18, 2012, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
They do exist.

Best Western of Meridian (Mississippi), for example. Or Best Western Dothan (Alabama) Inn & Suites.

In fairness, tho, how often do you see redemptions at the lowest level for any other program? Especially, say, a 7500 point Hilton property?

I bet it's about the same proportion.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
They do exist.

Best Western of Meridian (Mississippi), for example. Or Best Western Dothan (Alabama) Inn & Suites.

In fairness, tho, how often do you see redemptions at the lowest level for any other program? Especially, say, a 7500 point Hilton property?

I bet it's about the same proportion.
SPG has a fairly good availability of lower cost points options - they also clearly list them as well ( cat 1 - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...CategoryCode=1 , cat 2 - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...CategoryCode=2 , etc)

I've stayed in a number of the cat 2's that were great value (paid 3000 points for the Sheraton Newark on New Years Eve and $15 for a 20 minute shuttle to times square last year)

Most are around the airports. With BW I find it much harder to earn points, and much harder to redeem them for good value. With some of the promos it's almost better to redeem for partner rewards (i.e. get 1000 aeroplan points per stay rather then the BWR points))
Old May 19, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by matdwyer
SPG has a fairly good availability of lower cost points options - they also clearly list them as well ( cat 1 - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...CategoryCode=1 , cat 2 - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...CategoryCode=2 , etc)

I've stayed in a number of the cat 2's that were great value (paid 3000 points for the Sheraton Newark on New Years Eve and $15 for a 20 minute shuttle to times square last year)
Darn --searched the Sheraton Newark, but it has become a Doubletree (Hilton family.)
Old May 19, 2012, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

OK, so I'm set if I want to go to Arkansas or Mississippi. They do exist, and I thank you.

If anyone can find an 8000 pointer in Florida I will send you a free drink ticket for Delta Airlines. This offer is for the first 5 people to find an 8000 point/night Best Western in Florida and list it here. Maximum one drink ticket per person.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
OK, so I'm set if I want to go to Arkansas or Mississippi. They do exist, and I thank you.

If anyone can find an 8000 pointer in Florida I will send you a free drink ticket for Delta Airlines. This offer is for the first 5 people to find an 8000 point/night Best Western in Florida and list it here. Maximum one drink ticket per person.
I spot checked a bunch of Florida hotels, and I'm going to say looks doubtful that any exist. I pretty much ignored any Best Western Plus/Premier properties, anything with Inn and Suites, anything "Waterfront" or "Downtown", and any of the popular tourist destinations. The cheapest I saw was 12000 points. You may be hunting for the unicorn of hotels.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hunting for Unicorns in Florida

Thanks for checking. I think BW should have better system to let us know, like A LIST similar to Marriott or Hilton or even Club Carlson. I still can't believe that they don't keep a list. And that is actually a GREAT title for this thread - a Hunt for Unicorns

Time to change the terms, and up the ante...

If anyone can find an 8000 pointer in Florida I will send you 3 free drink tickets for Delta Airlines. This offer is for the first 3 people who find an 8000 point/night Best Western in Florida and list it here. Maximum three drink tickets per person.
Old May 20, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
If anyone can find an 8000 pointer in Florida I will send you 3 free drink tickets for Delta Airlines. This offer is for the first 3 people who find an 8000 point/night Best Western in Florida and list it here. Maximum three drink tickets per person.
Why Florida?

I checked for June 12th-13th, 2012 and found 2.

First one:
BEST WESTERN Brandon Hotel & Conference Center
9331 E Adamo Drive,
Tampa, FL, 33619, United States

And since I don't need drink tickets on Delta, you can find some other way of giving them away. Thanks!

I did see 12K BW+s
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BW Diamond
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...electedHotels=

BW doesn't have a list, but a least they have a special website:
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...ointsearch.asp
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
BW Jacksonville Airport = 8000 points

Me wants drink tickets!!!

BEST WESTERN Jacksonville Airport
1170 Airport Entrance Road,
Jacksonville, FL, 32218, United States

A good way to search:
1. pick a starting city.
2. at the top of the results page, change "Hotels Found Within" to the maximum of 100 miles.
3. look at the area shown on the map... I searched all of Florida using only five searches.

I believe that this property, and the other property mentioned, are the only 2 in Florida. Good luck.

Thanks for checking. I think BW should have better system to let us know, like A LIST similar to Marriott or Hilton or even Club Carlson. I still can't believe that they don't keep a list. And that is actually a GREAT title for this thread - a Hunt for Unicorns

Time to change the terms, and up the ante...

Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Do 8000 point BW's even exist? If so please post them here. Thank you for your support.

^

OHIO: BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest

So, that's like 3. And I've searched most of North America.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by jerry305
A good way to search:
1. pick a starting city.
2. at the top of the results page, change "Hotels Found Within" to the maximum of 100 miles.
3. look at the area shown on the map... I searched all of Florida using only five searches.

I believe that this property, and the other property mentioned, are the only 2 in Florida. Good luck.
Congratulations!

That is the method I used to find those 2 FL properties also.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 6:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

jerry pm me with an address to send the tix.

thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
But the real question is how BW can market this program in the way that it does when clearly 8000 point redemptions are far from the norm. Seems a little deceptive, if you ask me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.