Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Shinjuku - Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Travel to the hotel from Narita airport is relatively meaningless. You have several options. I'd suggest you take the cheap train with one change. It costs only 1'090 JPY!

http://goo.gl/maps/MS2Qx

From Shinjuku Station to the hotel is about 700 metres. Ask people, they are more than happy to help!

I did not regret at all that I took couple of time that hotel!
Thanks, but it means no luggage on this trip as I need to change trains and walk between trains and to the hotel?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Thanks, but it means no luggage on this trip as I need to change trains and walk between trains and to the hotel?
Why no luggage? It is no problem to walk short distances with luggage, is it? I do the same, so don't worry.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:27 am

I'm also contemplating to stay hear early March. We'll be hitting Tokyo with some friends for the nightlife. Not yet sure which part of the city to choose. Alternatives are Ebisu, Shibuya or Roppongi. Any advice is welcome.

How is the breakfast at this BW? Where did you find the best rate? Citadines in the area doesn't look too bad either.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
BW is in the middle of a red light/going out/night life/restaurant area. That makes it a perfect choice for a reasonable price.

Lowest rates can be found everywhere, just check several sites and book whereever is the lowest price.

I would say breakfast was ok, nothing bad and nothing special either.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Originally Posted by 336
I'm also contemplating to stay hear early March. We'll be hitting Tokyo with some friends for the nightlife. Not yet sure which part of the city to choose. Alternatives are Ebisu, Shibuya or Roppongi. Any advice is welcome.

How is the breakfast at this BW? Where did you find the best rate? Citadines in the area doesn't look too bad either.
I highly recommend this hotel! I don't know about prices of hotels in Ebisu, but I bet the same quality hotels as BW will cost a bit more in Shibuya or Roppongi.
The location of the BW Shinjuku is excellent and one can find really reasonable prices including decent breakfast there. But if the price does not matter then perhaps Shibuya could be better option club-wise...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:32 am

Best Western Shinjuku - Tokyo

Had anyone stayed in the executive double room? We have a baby and requested a crib but wanted to make sure we wouldn't be too cramped since we are planning on staying here for 9 nights.

The rates seem pretty good with the 45% off for advanced booking (fully refundable if canceled > 21 days). We booked 2 rooms (1 executive double, 1 lady room standard) for a total of $2700 usd for 9 nights. The only bad part is they seem to charge the card immediately so I will have paid for the stay 6 months before the actual trip.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:58 am

OK. Thanks for the tips. I guess we'll take this hotel for 2 nights. And spend another 2 nights somewhere else in Tokyo. Maybe Shibuya area.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
I always stay at this hotel whenever l am in Tokyo, been loyal to this property ever since. It will be my 5th stay in 5 years in a weeks time and was already upgraded to executive room before my stay as I am a diamond member.

On my first stay 5 years ago, I have no status so was not upgraded, nor I expected any.

On my second stay, I was a gold member so they upgraded me to the business floor, it is the same size as a regular room, but a high floor and have access to the executive lounge... sadly they will discontinue the business room staring 2014.

On my third and fourth stay, I am already a platinum so they upgraded me to an executive room.

Now on my fifth stay, I'm now a diamond and was already upgraded even before my stay.

To have status is one thing, but since I am a loyal customer to this hotel, they always upgrade me starting my second stay.

Why I am loyal? Being a diamond member, I've stayed in several Best Westerns in the US and other countries like Japan (Osaka Joytel) and Korea. And for me, this is the top best western property I've stayed in my 5 years being a BWR member.

What I like is the excellent sound proofing of the rooms, (not sure for regular rooms as it was 5 years ago since I stayed in a normal room), this hotel is in the center of Tokyo's red light and nightlife spot, but it's very quiet inside the room so it gives uninterrupted sleep for a light sleeper like me.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Does this hotel charge for kids ( mine is 1 and 3 years ) or does it have rooms big enough for 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 infant.

Any cribs available?

In any case, I will try to check with the hotel as well.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:48 am

Finally managed to get here again after two years of waiting. And once again I've got to say I love this hotel! We had booked an economy room through Rocket Miles, but got upgraded to a standard room on the 13th floor as I am a BW Diamond. Also got early check in at 11 am and was offered late check out as well, but didn't need one. The room was as nice as it was on the first stay, but the executive lounge had gotten a bit better as they had changed the coffee machine.

The staff were super friendly and attentive. They helped us numerous times with restaurant reservations and really went out of their way to help us book tickets to the Sumo tournament.

Unless I have yens (which I highly doubt) for Park Hyatt Tokyo, Conrad or Shangri La the next time I'm in Tokyo, there is no question whether I'm going to stay here the third time. Can't praise enough!
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
I'm also a BW Diamond and is staying here around 6 days regularly 1-2 times a year for the past 6 years..

I agree..especially the machine now serve cold regular or flavored teas and cold coffee as well..
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:49 am

Just returned from my 3rd stay at Shinjuku Astina. Once again, only positive feelings about the hotel. As a Diamond member was upgraded to a much bigger room on the executive floor after asking for a non-smoking room. The room also had better toiletries. ^

Also stayed at Best Western Fino Sapporo on my trip to Japan and the hotel was a very nice surprise too. 120 euros for 3 nights wasn't expecting much, but the hotel was great with super friendly and attentive staff and clean rooms. Got upgraded to the highest floor to a bigger room without asking and was also offered the breakfast for a discounted price (900 instead of 1400). Afterwards I feel I really should have accepted the offer, as there really was not too many interesting places to eat breakfast near the hotel. Oh well, maybe next time...

BTW, has anyone stayed in the Best Western Naha (especially as a diamond)?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:01 am

Sad news (at least for roquejo and me)! Shinjuku Astina will be leaving Best Western and become rebranded as Citadines 15th of April 2015.

"NOTICE OF HOTEL REBRANDING
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
From 15 April 2015, "Best Western Shinjuku Astina Hotel Tokyo" will be rebranded as "Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo".

Citadines Central Shinkuju Tokyo will be operated by the Ascott Limited , the world’s largest international serviced residence owner -operator .
The company operates three brands- Ascott, Somerset and Citadines and its portfolio spans more than 80 cities across 24 countries.
In Japan, the first Citadines hotel "Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo" opened in March 2009, followed by "Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto" in March 2010.
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo" will be the third Citadines property to operate in Japan.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for making Best Western Shinjuku Astina Tokyo your preferred accommodation since 2008.
Once again, thank you for your support and my team and I look forward to welcoming you as usual at the Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo."

From their site
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Nice to read so many positive things about this hotel. I had a reservation over NYE which was quiet expensive but have been able to shift to Hilton and then to Hyatt as awards became available. ^
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Its sad that this place will no longer be a BW after 15 Apr. Use your perks while you can. This BW was quite generous - my basic room was upgraded to executive room (the largest layouts in this hotel) and free breakfast. Great views and enough space for 2 arm chairs and an oval table. The "executive" lounge though was a joke - it looks more like a meeting room with a free vending machine hidden in a corner.

The staff here were snarky to non-elites tho. I was extended an early check in at 10am while my friend had to wait for his room to be ready by noon. Do not expect any other perks tho - no gym, no pool, no spa. You will get a 500yen gift voucher (good for souvenirs or future stay) for every day (up to 2) you indicate your rooms not to require cleaning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.