Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Shinjuku - Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Best Western Shinjuku - Tokyo

Anyone had any experience with Best Western Shinjuku Tokyo in terms of the hotel and upgrades for platinum members? From Tripadvisor, the hotel seems pretty decent with consistently good reviews. Able to get a good corporate rate so likely to stay there if an upgrade is offered.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Hi,

Stayed in this hotel last week (which is advertised as all brand new but opened something like 2 years ago...).

No upgrade for me. I showed my card on arrival but the receptionist almost didn't care. On the contrary, had to pay a charge for a twin-bed room instead of a double-bed one.

Breakfast disappointing, no much choice, no pastries, almost no fresh fruits, nothing...

The hotel is decent enough but I've already seen much better BW hotels. Next time, I'll go back to the Mercure Ginza, where I had a much better experience and where the was a warmer welcome.

By the way, don't forget to print a map before leaving, as the hotel is a bit tricky to find from Shinjuku station...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Thank you for the feedback. Think I might use some other hotel instead. Maybe Mercure in Ginza ..
Old May 17, 2010, 8:35 am

The AAA rates for this hotel make it hard to resist. Has anyone tried using AAA card in Japan?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
2011 or 2012 Updates?

Has anyone got any recent updates for this property. I am a Plat and wonder what upgrade can be expected? Planning to book the Business Rooms to get an upgrade to the Executive floor.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC
no upgrade for me either
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Any updates on this? Has anyone got upgrades with Platinum or Diamond?
I stayed here two years ago, but I did not have any status that time. I absolutely loved the hotel. Of course there are plenty of better hotels, but the location is just perfect for me. And when I'm going to Tokyo the next time I'm 99% sure I'm going to stay here again, so I would really appreciate it, if some of you had any news.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by ghenu
Any updates on this? Has anyone got upgrades with Platinum or Diamond?
I stayed here two years ago, but I did not have any status that time. I absolutely loved the hotel. Of course there are plenty of better hotels, but the location is just perfect for me. And when I'm going to Tokyo the next time I'm 99% sure I'm going to stay here again, so I would really appreciate it, if some of you had any news.

I was there in March and as a valued Diamond member I got a suite upgrade. My working colleague got also an upgrade to a large room on a high floor. Further to that, I got access to the "club lounge", a room with a machines for drinks. It was a great experience. If I remember right, there were also some vouchers for breakfast or lunch given to me because of my diamond status.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I was there in March and as a valued Diamond member I got a suite upgrade. My working colleague got also an upgrade to a large room on a high floor. Further to that, I got access to the "club lounge", a room with a machines for drinks. It was a great experience. If I remember right, there were also some vouchers for breakfast or lunch given to me because of my diamond status.
Thank you very much for your response! How was the suite? I stayed in a business class room last time and got access to that "club lounge" as well. I went there once, but the coffee from the machine was probably the worst coffee I have ever had, hehe. Have you stayed in any other BW's in Japan? If so, how have they treated you as a valued Diamond member?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Thank you very much for your response! How was the suite? I stayed in a business class room last time and got access to that "club lounge" as well. I went there once, but the coffee from the machine was probably the worst coffee I have ever had, hehe. Have you stayed in any other BW's in Japan? If so, how have they treated you as a valued Diamond member?
I was also in the BEST WESTERN Joytel Osaka. No suite but a larger room on a high floor with fantastic view. I guess they don't have a suite. Breakfast was included in the rate. I got free Internet but I have no idea was this because of my Diamond status or just because.

Best Western Fukuoka Nakasu was also once but long ago. Also there, I guess they don't have suites. But I booked a cheap single room and got also there a spacious double with good view on high floor. Breakfast again in the rate included and Internet and water was given to me.

My experience was in all three BW hotels very good. People were friendly and I got BW points despite the fact that I booked with a 3rd party website.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:38 pm

I was also in the BEST WESTERN Joytel Osaka. No suite but a larger room on a high floor with fantastic view. I guess they don't have a suite. Breakfast was included in the rate. I got free Internet but I have no idea was this because of my Diamond status or just because.

Best Western Fukuoka Nakasu was also once but long ago. Also there, I guess they don't have suites. But I booked a cheap single room and got also there a spacious double with good view on high floor. Breakfast again in the rate included and Internet and water was given to me.

My experience was in all three BW hotels very good. People were friendly and I got BW points despite the fact that I booked with a 3rd party website.
Ok, that's good news as I have got quite negative feeling about the BW's elite treating reading these forums. And even if you had 3rd party bookings... The reason I'm so interested is that I'm planning on to have a longer trip to Japan some time near future taking advantage of the Visit Japan Airpass. So I have to start thinking now which hotel chain I'm going to get most benefits with. Obviously there are better chains with more luxurious hotels, but they're way over my budget. If I got free breakfast and a more spacious room, I would be very pleased with that.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Be careful about my experiences. BW are hit or miss. You can even get one time a very large suite upgrade (which is obviously seldom) but on the next time you may end up with zero benefits. Just to keep in mind @:-)

I am not sure but it might be that they give better treatment to "real diamond members" over matched ones.

It never hurts to nicely ask for some benefits at check-in, though @:-)
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:09 pm

Be careful about my experiences. BW are hit or miss. You can even get one time a very large suite upgrade (which is obviously seldom) but on the next time you may end up with zero benefits. Just to keep in mind @:-)

I am not sure but it might be that they give better treatment to "real diamond members" over matched ones.

It never hurts to nicely ask for some benefits at check-in, though @:-)
Yes, I'll keep it in mind, thank you. And of course my opinion about them haven't changed completely after your comments, but it was nice to read some positive ones for a while.

I agree with you that they might treat the real diamonds better than matched ones, but let's see how things go when I first visit the BW Shinjuku the next time. Hopefully soon! Thank you once more for your replies!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 4:00 pm

Yes, I'll keep it in mind, thank you. And of course my opinion about them haven't changed completely after your comments, but it was nice to read some positive ones for a while.

I agree with you that they might treat the real diamonds better than matched ones, but let's see how things go when I first visit the BW Shinjuku the next time. Hopefully soon! Thank you once more for your replies!
There is a difference between the "real" and matched diamond status? And do the upgrades apply to nights for points? I am stopping over in Tokyo next April and considering this hotel. Never been to Tokyo before. Is the airport Narita travel to and from the hotel "easy" ? Or should I look for something else?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Travel to the hotel from Narita airport is relatively meaningless. You have several options. I'd suggest you take the cheap train with one change. It costs only 1'090 JPY!

http://goo.gl/maps/MS2Qx

From Shinjuku Station to the hotel is about 700 metres. Ask people, they are more than happy to help!

I did not regret at all that I took couple of time that hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.