Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Elite Levels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
Sweetheart, my executive books MAYBE 12 cars a year and they've never revoked his Chairman's Club membership. Don't worry about it.
I booked more than 20 cars last year, twice for more than 10 days, and I can't even get President's Club, because I am not part of a large company. I have been told that President's Club is only by invitation through a large company travel department, and small or one person companies almost never have it. I missed out on the window to get it from Continental which was mentioned on this string, so I am out of luck, and seems I will have to remain content with Avis First, which they keep downgrading, but since I do go to a lot of the same stations regularly, they do treat me fairly well, including with upgrades. But President's Club would be nice if someone could tell me how to get it!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does anyone know if the 1 hour grace period is still in place for Presidents Club? Or where I can look up the actual benefits? I've been Pres Club for over a decade now so I don't pay attention to the annual guide.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United Silver, Aegean Silver, Avis First
is it possible for to get invited to PC

I currently rent 30-40 times a year, mostly 3-4 day weekends. Up till now, I've spread the rentals across companies, following the cheapest rental. I could be convinced to be more loyal, if a benifit like PC was available?

2nd question - does the invite come only form avis, or can an invite come from somewhere else (CC company, airline, etc)

thanks
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
z003y-

http://www.continental.com/web/en-us...s/default.aspx

This is the only way you'll ever see a 'invitation' to PC... Pay the $375 and poof, its magic... That is unless you're a corporate office or contract negotiator, etc...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United Silver, Aegean Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by bkafrick
z003y-

http://www.continental.com/web/en-us...s/default.aspx

This is the only way you'll ever see a 'invitation' to PC... Pay the $375 and poof, its magic... That is unless you're a corporate office or contract negotiator, etc...
thanks
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: US Airways Chmn,SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,Club Carlson Gold,Hyatt Plat,Avis FP,IHG Plat,Marriott Plat
Smile

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I'm not looking for upgrades with elite status, but hopefully better service meaning the best car on the lot in the category I reserve.

I've used the Avis free preferred service for years and have always enjoyed the no-hassle, no queue car pick up process. But the last couple of rentals have been disappointing in terms of older, poorly-maintained, high-mileage cars, despite renting in the luxury class.

I'm now a President's Club member and have booked a luxury car for next week. I know I could reserve a full-size or premium and count on getting upgraded to Luxury, but we want the Luxury so we're reserving it. But it sure better be a spanking new large Luxury, not the crappy old Cadillac SLS with 19,000 miles, inadequate trunk space, and the 'change engine oil' light shining in the middle of our trip.

I know I can go back to the kiosk and ask for a change if we don't like the car on first inspection, but after a 16 hour flight it kind of defeats the purpose of the no-hassle service if we have to do this.

Susan
your expectations are too high!!!why do you think you are the one who should have the best car in the lot? I am Chairman level, CEO of a telecom carrier i own with 200+ employees, maybe i should have the best car?i try to be thankful for any nice car they offer me, and i have always been satisfied with Avis at my local airport, i got to know all the counter crew in preferred booth and when they see me they ask me what car i would like to drive today? Humility and a nice compliment mean a lot to hard working low paid employees.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by pilotb757
your expectations are too high!!!why do you think you are the one who should have the best car in the lot? I am Chairman level, CEO of a telecom carrier i own with 200+ employees, maybe i should have the best car?i try to be thankful for any nice car they offer me, and i have always been satisfied with Avis at my local airport, i got to know all the counter crew in preferred booth and when they see me they ask me what car i would like to drive today? Humility and a nice compliment mean a lot to hard working low paid employees.
Wow, you bumped an 8-year old post made in November 2004!

I think the point I was making at the time was that if I reserve a Luxury car as an elite, i.e. pay for it - not upgrade into it, that I would expect to get the best available when I arrive, rather than a high-mileage poorly-maintained car. I remember around this time period we'd had some disappointing rentals for long driving trips around the western U.S. We would reserve a Luxury category for a 3-week trip at considerable expense, and at least twice, the fuel engine light came on shortly into the trip, we were given cars with high mileage, once had a major mechanical issue and had to change the car mid-trip, and once was given a 'luxury' car that could not hold our luggage adequately - and we are only two and did not have an extreme amount of luggage.

As any elite (President's Club, Chairman, etc.), I think one should expect from among the newest cars in the fleet of the reserved, and paid for, category. Isn't that one of the points of being elite?

Happy to report that as a President's Club now for many years, we have in general had excellent service from Avis, often being granted our upgrade wishes upon arrival, but also have found Avis staff to be really helpful if we arrive and ask for something else - which we always do in as friendly and nice a way as possible. The few times we've had less than a stellar experience, it has usually been sorted with minimum hassle.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by SusanDK
at least twice, the fuel engine light came on shortly into the trip, we were given cars with high mileage, ...
The issue with this is Avis (last I knew) changes oil on a 7,500 mile basis. Most cars these days either have an "oil life %" computer or blink the light at a set # of miles. I'm sure it often doesn't get reset by Avis when they do it b/c it doesn't coincide with their 7,500 mile policy.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I can try.

I have just received in the post new Preferred card, that has same number and my details on it, but it also have an additional "CV" above the number.

Does anyone know what is that?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by jms_uk

I have just received in the post new Preferred card, that has same number and my details on it, but it also have an additional "CV" above the number.

I've never heard of this or seen it... possibly something unique to the other side of the pond?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: arrickbits
Originally Posted by jms_uk

Its a new thing and in my point of view it may be club verification, Its only my prediction .I don't know exactly what it is .You can confirm it from avis .
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by FqtFlyer

Hertz Five Star is equivalent to Avis Preferred Select
Req: ~15 Rentals a Year
Benefits: Available in class upgrades

Hertz Presidents Circle is equivalent to Avis Presidents Club
Req Hertz: ~40 Rentals a Year
Req Avis: Invite only to Company CEOs
Benefits Hertz: Garanteed Class Upgrade
Benefits Avis: ??
Online my online account says: "Preferred President's Club"

Is this different from just Avis President's Club or Avis Preferred Select?

thanks
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tasnam
Online my online account says: "Preferred President's Club"

Is this different from just Avis President's Club or Avis Preferred Select?

thanks
Its just normal President's Club. Thats what mine says too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.