FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Avis Elite Levels? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/359906-avis-elite-levels.html)

FqtFlyer Oct 1, 2004 11:43 am

Avis Elite Levels?

I'm being forced to rent from Avis b/c of our corp. travel policy (funny how Cendant who owns our TA also owns Avis!). Anyway, I was Presidents Circle with Hertz, but I was told Avis doesn't have an equivalent, so I was comped Avis Select (which seems like a joke based on the postings here)

Question is, do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star is equivalent to Avis Preferred Select
Req: ~15 Rentals a Year
Benefits: Available in class upgrades

Hertz Presidents Circle is equivalent to Avis Presidents Club
Req Hertz: ~40 Rentals a Year
Req Avis: Invite only to Company CEOs
Benefits Hertz: Garanteed Class Upgrade
Benefits Avis: ??

everywhere Oct 1, 2004 5:37 pm

Yes, I think that is correct.

They have sub-tiers on their computers for Preferred Select status.

CraigS Oct 1, 2004 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by FqtFlyer
Do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star = Avis Preferred Select - (10+ Rentals a Year)
Hertz Five Star = N/A - (40+ Rentals a Year)
N/A = Avis Presidents Club - (Company CEO)

Almost:
I think AVIS PS is 18 rentals?
Hertz Plat = Avis Presidents Club (Both by invite only)

Join the club of X-Hertz (and X-Happy) Avis corporate refugees- Your upgrading days are over!

everywhere Oct 2, 2004 1:41 am

Preferred Select Program

Qualify by renting 15 times within an 18-month period. States Benefits include one class upgrades [when available]

http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...red_signup.jsp

limamike Oct 3, 2004 12:02 am

Avis Presidents Club

Originally Posted by FqtFlyer
I'm being forced to rent from Avis b/c of our corp. travel policy (funny how Cendant who owns our TA also owns Avis!). Anyway, I was Presidents Circle with Hertz, but I was told Avis doesn't have an equivalent, so I was comped Avis Select (which seems like a joke based on the postings here)

Question is, do I have this right?

Hertz Five Star is equivalent to Avis Preferred Select
Req: ~15 Rentals a Year
Benefits: Available in class upgrades

Hertz Presidents Circle is equivalent to Avis Presidents Club
Req Hertz: ~40 Rentals a Year
Req Avis: Invite only to Company CEOs
Benefits Hertz: Garanteed Class Upgrade
Benefits Avis: ??

Pres Club (Avis) Onlyby invitation - guaranteed double upgrade.

stimpy Oct 3, 2004 6:09 am

Yes President's Club is invitation only and you get a double upgrade *based on availability* in the US. In Europe it only officially gets you a single upgrade, but when the staff uses their discretion you basically get the best available car.

But the highest elite level is Chairmans Club which is pretty much just for CEO's of big companies. My old boss was in Chairmans Club as the CEO of a company with a billion in revenue.

CraigS Oct 3, 2004 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
My old boss was in Chairmans Club as the CEO of a company with a billion in revenue.

Do CEOs drive cars? Mine is driven both to and from work every day and I don't think anything but a limo would work out of town. I guess on the slim chance that one drives themselves, I would think they would just rent a Caddy and not count on a upgrade....

CraigS Oct 3, 2004 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by limamike
Pres Club (Avis) Onlyby invitation - guaranteed double upgrade.

Then where is Hertz plat fit in? Its their top tier status level.

stimpy Oct 4, 2004 7:17 pm

It's really not apples to apples and within Hertz there are codes that constitute other elite levels as well. For instance with the Amex Centurion card, you get guaranteed TRIPLE upgrades (based on availability) at Hertz in the US. I had to show the printed letter from the President of Hertz to get the Hertz staff at LAX to believe this when it first started.

I rarely use Hertz, but the last time I did was pretty funny. The lady at the Gold booth in SJC pulled up my reservation and said "Wow. It says here I have to give you whatever car you want, or you can have me fired." :)

kdog311 Oct 6, 2004 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
It's really not apples to apples and within Hertz there are codes that constitute other elite levels as well. For instance with the Amex Centurion card, you get guaranteed TRIPLE upgrades (based on availability) at Hertz in the US. I had to show the printed letter from the President of Hertz to get the Hertz staff at LAX to believe this when it first started.

I rarely use Hertz, but the last time I did was pretty funny. The lady at the Gold booth in SJC pulled up my reservation and said "Wow. It says here I have to give you whatever car you want, or you can have me fired." :)

That's really interesting - and to think all this time I have been renting from Budget and National. :(

auh2o Oct 6, 2004 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by CraigS
Then where is Hertz plat fit in? Its their top tier status level.

Hertz Platinum = Avis Chairman's.

But also read Stimpy's post above.

mshafrir Oct 19, 2004 12:19 am

Originally Posted by auh2o
Hertz Platinum = Avis Chairman's.

But also read Stimpy's post above.

What does it take to get an invitation into the President's Club?

sundrop Oct 19, 2004 12:29 am

Originally Posted by mshafrir
What does it take to get an invitation into the President's Club?

Not sure if this appplys here or not, but being a member of www.usaa.com gives you immediate access to the platinum and within the first 5 rentals. all in one month when i was deployed, i got accepted into the presidental club. so maybe its a set number of rentals a month, in my case 5. maybe it varys?

annerj Oct 26, 2004 2:20 pm

*SIGH*

I too was a Pres. Circle Hertz memeber...and now forced to rent Avis

:td: :td: :td:

CraigS Oct 26, 2004 7:19 pm

I'll Say It One More Time!

Originally Posted by annerj
*SIGH*

I too was a Pres. Circle Hertz memeber...and now forced to rent Avis

:td: :td: :td:

Join the club of X-Hertz (and X-Happy) Avis corporate refugees- Your upgrading days are over!
:D