Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Frustration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

DFW Frustration

I am about ready to pack it in with AVIS! Every week (Monday to Thursday) I fly in from LAX and rent with AVIS and every week it is the same story; dirty car, old car (the one last week had 30K on it!), smoked in car...etc, etc. By the time I get to the car I am usually too tired to go back and argue at the counter. A couple of times I sought out the manager and was given an upgrade (one time I got a $25 certificate). My file says "no SUVs or VANs" but about 33% of the time it is either one or the other. I hate to admit this but I think they won, I am just too tired to fight.... I am thinking of moving to one of the other vendors.

Anyone have an email address or phone number I can give one last try to talk some sense into them (corporate, marketing....janitor that has the CEOs ear??)
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:27 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Just dump them and try National. That's what I did and haven't looked back yet.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Just dump them and try National. That's what I did and haven't looked back yet.
Maybe that works at DFW, but my experience with National at BWI and CVG was dirtier cars in worse condition that either Hertz or Avis. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.