Search

Upgrades to Muscle cars @ LAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
Upgrades to Muscle cars @ LAS

Hey guys,

Booked myself a 1 way 1 day rental with AVIS (usually do Hertz) for a Full Size SUV (Tahoe or similar, so hopefully they will have run out at LAX and give me a Surb or Yukon XL instead! )

However, its being returned to LAS, and then I got space for a 2 day hire...
Usually, I book a INT' car with Hertz Gold (UK website), and then talk upgrades at the gold desk in LAS....
Each year has been the Camero SS for $38-$40 a day extra, although last year, from a free day rental, we upgraded to the Porsche 911 for $150 (no big holds on the CC, infact, no Hold on the CC!), with Unlimited miles!

This year, as we have the SUV with Avis, am sure I read that AVIS do similar cars to Hertz ? like Camero, Mustang, Corv and the Challenger (V8 editions, not V6)....
if so, many had experience of upgrading to those cars, when booking an 'INTermediate' car as a base model ? and upgrading for under $45 a day ?
cheers
Stuie
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey guys,

Booked myself a 1 way 1 day rental with AVIS (usually do Hertz) for a Full Size SUV (Tahoe or similar, so hopefully they will have run out at LAX and give me a Surb or Yukon XL instead! )

However, its being returned to LAS, and then I got space for a 2 day hire...
Usually, I book a INT' car with Hertz Gold (UK website), and then talk upgrades at the gold desk in LAS....
Each year has been the Camero SS for $38-$40 a day extra, although last year, from a free day rental, we upgraded to the Porsche 911 for $150 (no big holds on the CC, infact, no Hold on the CC!), with Unlimited miles!

This year, as we have the SUV with Avis, am sure I read that AVIS do similar cars to Hertz ? like Camero, Mustang, Corv and the Challenger (V8 editions, not V6)....
if so, many had experience of upgrading to those cars, when booking an 'INTermediate' car as a base model ? and upgrading for under $45 a day ?
cheers
Stuie
I'm interested in this too, as used the Hertz Adrenaline Collection for the last 4 years, but gone back to Avis this year and booked a standard convertible, Camaro/Mustang or similar (These will be V6 models).

Totally had enough of Hertz, got the requested Challenger first two trips, third trip Challenger booked and got a convertible Camaro SS, last year all they had was ONE Mustang GT at Vegas FFS, even though I reserved a Camaro SS 10 months before! Mustang broke, so ended up with a V6 and had to demand $400 refund at end of trip. Hertz always been dirty and not well looked after, Avis were always spotless with better customer service, but do they have V8's at San Jose CA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.