Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Class Avis

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

...and I completed the rental.

I ended getting a 2015 MKZ with 19.5K miles with some slight smoker odor on it (not terrible). Minus the odor it has been one of the nicest rentals I've had with the local Avis not counting a Cadillac XTS I had last year.

This car was nicely loaded, blind spot monitor, sunroof, dynamic LED headlights (standard on the MKZ), heated and cooled seats, two way dynamic remote starter, heated steering wheel, backup camera with sensors, NAV (albeit the SD car was already MIA, yes I checked the trunk), paddle shifters and the bigger V6 3.7L engine.

Some +'s:
1) This car can get some speed very quietly and comfortably
2) Draws attention, a lot of people checking it out specially with the striking all around LED lighting. Didn't expect this from a Lincoln.
3) Dynamic LED headlights work well
4) The bigger engine can accommodate regular or premium gas. I only experienced it with regular gas but supposedly the car will run smoother and even more peppy with the higher grade fuel.
5) Big trunk
6) SYNC system works well if one is already versed on the voice commands. I have a Ford product so I was familiar with it and this iteration worked flawlessly.

Some -s:
1) Might be a speeding ticket magnet
2) Some fit and finish corners were taken (trunk specially)
3) Thinking of getting one since my current lease is coming up for renewal. Yes, this is a minus for me since I didn't expect to go the Lincoln route :LOL:.
4) SYNC System has a big learning curve for new comers hence why I think it gets so much grief.
5) The PRNDS button system take some getting used to. Seems like it could be a plus for people with arthritis instead of the conventional slide shift gear.
6) The dash touch sensitive buttons are a mess, either you press too much or not enough.

Old May 13, 2015, 9:18 pm

Nice mini-report! Maybe you can get a new '17 Continental when it comes out.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Had a '15 MKZ last year driving from FLL to Key West and back, it was a GREAT car. I had never driven a Lincoln before, and I was pleasantly surprised. The thing is a freaking boat and fast!
Old May 15, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by R1chard
...and I completed the rental.
That picture of where you picked it up is definitely not SYR
Our AVIS slots are in the garage.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:36 am

I was given an impala Ltz as a luxury car today. It's a nice car but it's not a luxury car. No sun/moonroof, no ventilated seats. It's basically the base ltz package. If they're going to pass it off as luxury they should at least have it fully loaded.

I'm not happy. The freaking Cadenza and taurus I've had before as PREMIUM cars were better equipped and much cheaper.

Is it even worth complaining?
Old May 15, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
That picture of where you picked it up is definitely not SYR
Our AVIS slots are in the garage.
I got the car at BGM which gets all of it's stock from SYR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.