Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Class Avis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Luxury Class Avis

I have a luxury class rental coming up and was wondering for some first hand experiences on what specific car other renters have received with this category.

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:21 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

There's a fleet list at the top of the Avis forum. Most common are MKS/MKZ, Caddy CTS or maybe a Volvo depending on the location.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

I did look through the pinned fleet list.

I guess I was just looking for first hand experience, thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Where are you renting from?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Renting from SYR
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
In Kansas City (MCI), I normally received a Chrysler 300 (which I requested if they had it available). I just rented a Luxury car last week in Pensacola (PNS) and received a Lincoln MKS.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:34 pm
Rax

Programs: NWA
I recently picked up a junk Lincoln MKS which I had to swap for a Volvo V60, both supposedly Luxury class. I complained up a storm about the Volvo but couldn't get anything else. Not impressed.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
I've gotten the Caddy XTS and the MKZ as a Luxury. The AVIS folks I've found to be very generous when you ask them nicely.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback everyone, my aim is for either a Caddy CTS or XTS, Lincoln MKZ or MKS. I did get a Cadillac ATS (RWD 2.0T) before at this location and even though it was nice and like a "pocket rocket" it was also pretty small.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by R1chard
Renting from SYR
Originally Posted by R1chard
Thanks for the feedback everyone, my aim is for either a Caddy CTS or XTS, Lincoln MKZ or MKS. I did get a Cadillac ATS (RWD 2.0T) before at this location and even though it was nice and like a "pocket rocket" it was also pretty small.
Not sure if your rental has already occurred or not, but SYR is my home station, and I rent here a lot.

I havent seen a Caddy in the Syracuse Lot in a long, long time. There are plenty of Lincoln MKS though, and recently there's been several Infiniti Q50s in the lot.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Not sure if your rental has already occurred or not, but SYR is my home station, and I rent here a lot.

I havent seen a Caddy in the Syracuse Lot in a long, long time. There are plenty of Lincoln MKS though, and recently there's been several Infiniti Q50s in the lot.
The rental will occur in the next 6 days.

I had a Cadillac ATS for the luxury class back in September but it was a subrental from Zipcar through Avis.

The MKS would be "ah okay" but I think I would probably take the Q50 over it.

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Rax
I recently picked up a junk Lincoln MKS which I had to swap for a Volvo V60, both supposedly Luxury class. I complained up a storm about the Volvo but couldn't get anything else. Not impressed.
What's wrong about the Volvo?? I love it when I'm assigned a Volvo. Well-built and comfortable.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by mittencuh
What's wrong about the Volvo?? I love it when I'm assigned a Volvo. Well-built and comfortable.
Seems all I've had were base T5 versions and poorly equipped (except for 1 SUV with a sunroof). And I can't seem to get comfortable in the seats.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mittencuh
+1, another Volvo fan here.

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Seems all I've had were base T5 versions and poorly equipped (except for 1 SUV with a sunroof). And I can't seem to get comfortable in the seats.
I once had a XC60, one of the best rentals I've had. I've seen some V60's sporadically (Avis) but they go quickly so I've never experienced them.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:34 pm

I was told the CTS is no longer a luxury car and is now some sort of X-specialty class. Any truth to this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.