Wiki Posts
Search

Mitsubishi Lancer No Aux Jack

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Mitsubishi Lancer No Aux Jack

Here in Butte, MT and I got a Mitsubishi Lancer with Washington plates and 16k miles. What's bizarre is there are stereo RCA input jacks tucked underneath the radio and NO AUX JACK !!!

Who makes a car radio without an AUX jack in 2014? Mitsubishi does!

You have been warned.

Jim
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Does it have Bluetooth connection? That's my preferred way to connect to rentals. No cables necessary!

If I remember correctly, they put the USB input in the glove box in the Lancer. Maybe you can use that? Or maybe they're hiding an AUX in there, too?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Nope, no aux jack in the glove box, no bluetooth. It's the most basic car I've gotten in some time. Kind of a down market econobox in the Avis standard class.

The Toyota Corolla is luxurious by comparison, which has a pretty nifty radio (with bluetooth) and back up camera to boot.

Jim
Old May 14, 2015, 7:31 pm

I reserved intermediate class in Phoenix last week and was given a Mitsubishi Lancer. Was very disappointed in the lack of amenities on this particular car, which may come with aux or bluetooth as an upgrade, but the car they gave me had none. I didn't even ask because I had figured that an ipod connection if not bluetooth would have been standard for this class which is why I paid for intermediate. Had to drive through mountains with only a spare CD on loop. Next time I rent from avis, I will know to insist upon a car with the aux connector option.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Doubt if the rental desk can tell you for sure about their fleet having either aux jack or bluetooth. To be absolutely sure, check before you leave the lot!

Last week I got an SUV that had bluetooth (but no aux jack) and it would not pair with my ipod touch. Fortunately, I had a little bluetooth speaker with me which worked well for podcasts and audiobooks.

I used to pack a radio sender (to the car radio) for my ipod. Might have to throw that in the carry on.

I went for a couple of years consistently getting cars with aux jacks. This is progress?

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.