Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 4aks
Links to new program info:
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/content/avisPref-Program.ac?pageName=avisPref-Points
avis.com/car-rental/content/avisPref-Program.ac?pageName=avisPref-Points

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/global/en/terms/US/PrefMbrGlobalTermsMiddle.pdf
avis.com/car-rental/html/global/en/terms/US/PrefMbrGlobalTermsMiddle.pdf

Calendar year 2015 rentals count towards status (12 rentals = preferred plus; 25 rentals = PC )

Rentals begun July 1st earn points

Redemption of points is unknown and dynamic
Data points:
July 2015 - 3 day Minivan rental, adding GPS ($9.99/day) requires 316 points. Adding Sirius (6.99/day) was 200 points
July 2015 - 4 day full size mid week - adding GPS ($9.99/day) requires 332 points
July 2015 - 1 day (full size?) in Seattle - 2400 points for one free day
Aug 2015 - weekend day at SAN, intermediate - 600 points (vs $18 base cost)
Sep 2015 - Weekday, Boston Back Bay, 1d6h rental - 4600 points (vs. $85 full size)
Oct 2015 - weekend day at SAN, intermediate - 600 points / jumped to 1330 points all month, many vehicle types
Nov 2015 - weekend day ORD - 950 points
Nov 2015 - Weekend day IAH - 1800 points (1 day)
Nov 2015 - weekend SAN - 950 pts, many vehicle types
Nov 2015 - weekend SAN - 1330 pts, many vehicle types (points devalued the closer to the rental period)
Print Wikipost

Changes to Avis First Program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:38 pm

There is still no information available about redeeming points, confirmed by an Avis rep:

13:34:13
Me:
just to confirm - you're saying that the instructions to redeem points are not readily available. If someone would like instructions about how to redeem, they need to contact AVIS. Is that correct?
13:34:38
Avis Rep:
That is correct.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
One more outrageous data point: BO4 location, Boston Back Bay, 1 Day 6 hour rental from Monday - Tuesday. 4,600 points for an $85 full size.

I am one of those customers on corporate rentals, although we have some choices (none of which earn miles). I have to agree with the others stating that this program appears to be a complete joke.

My favorite recent bit of Avis information was the website counting down the number of rentals until I could "earn even more"...which turned out to be exactly the same as I'm earning now. Exciting times Avis!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
"You are earning 25% more points."
+
"You are 0 rentals away from earning even more rewards."
X
4 rentals now (that have posted)
=
Confused.

Am I missing something?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think there is a bug. I got to the 50% bonus quickly and my website still says 25% - even though I am earning 50% bonus.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Proposal to Close This Thread

I think this thread was started for the transition from AvisFirst to Preferred Plus. As we saw, it was a customer-unfriendly and totally botched transition with the false start, loss of stated earned benefits (weekend coupon validity shortened) and lack of communication.

Now that it is a done deal, maybe we close this thread and discuss the issues with the new program in other threads? Things like the value of the points, tax calculations, birthday bonus, etc.

This will make things easier to find and also maybe bring more attention to Avis and potential customers?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.