Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I rent cars from LAX several times a year. I am told they get multiple CHM members per day.

I just ask for a driver when I pull up to drop off the car, and that seems to get the process started easily.

The problem is more on the pickup side where there is inevitably a Caddy or Lincoln waiting for me, and I have to negotiate for something better.

David
Good to know! I got a Caddy XTS. Didn't know something better could be had. Next time I'll try and get something better.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plat, Bonvoy Amb, HH Dia, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yngdiego
My company just enrolled me in a Chairman's pilot program. I had been a former Hertz guy. But from the benefits that my travel manager sent, this looks like a great program. Anything beyond the stated benefits that I should expect? I read PHX is stingy...any other stingy cities?
AUS is BRUTAL. I am constantly assigned Hyundais, so many that it is at the point where I don't have the time or patience to even try to talk to them about it. It always makes me chuckle when this is my experience & one of the interns pulls up in a mustang conv or something decidedly better.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I rent cars from LAX several times a year. I am told they get multiple CHM members per day.

I just ask for a driver when I pull up to drop off the car, and that seems to get the process started easily.
That works for me too, even as a Pres Club member at LAX. And I do the same thing with Hertz except with Hertz they color code the contract jacket. So I just hold that up and someone runs over to drive me to the airport. ^
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:08 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by DEN ConsultMonkey
AUS is BRUTAL. I am constantly assigned Hyundais, so many that it is at the point where I don't have the time or patience to even try to talk to them about it. It always makes me chuckle when this is my experience & one of the interns pulls up in a mustang conv or something decidedly better.
Which Hyundai? There are very few cars in the fleet I'd take over a Genesis.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Good to know! I got a Caddy XTS. Didn't know something better could be had. Next time I'll try and get something better.
I can usually talk them into a BMW 5 series or SUV. They aren't top of the line, but they drive pretty well and I have driven them enough that it doesn't take me 15 minutes to figure out how to drive the car off the lot.

Sometimes the car hasn't been washed, but I don't care. Then I usually hand over a $20 tip, well worth it since I usually rent for 2-3 weeks at a time.

But they do get a lot of CHM members. Once I was told sometimes as many as 10 per day.

David
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by stimpy
That works for me too, even as a Pres Club member at LAX. And I do the same thing with Hertz except with Hertz they color code the contract jacket. So I just hold that up and someone runs over to drive me to the airport. ^
Yeah, Avis has different jackets too. But it's often hard for employees to see it since:
1. They're not looking for them in the rush
2. Hard to see inside the windshield as I approach when the sun glares and/or there are headlights in their face.

Not blaming employees, as they're not at fault. Just looking for better methods.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
You get rides to the airport as Pres Club?!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
You get rides to the airport as Pres Club?!
At LAX I do. I recall getting it at one or two other large airports like ORD, but it's been a while since most all my corporate bookings have to be through Hertz these days. For personal booking in the USA I prefer Avis.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
At LAX I do. I recall getting it at one or two other large airports like ORD, but it's been a while since most all my corporate bookings have to be through Hertz these days. For personal booking in the USA I prefer Avis.
Interesting. Lucky you haha. I just did ORD this weekend and didn't get anything of the sort.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm three rentals away from Preferred Plus. I have switched three upcoming rentals to Avis (I'm already Hertz President's Circle). How quickly does the status change? I have a fourth rental eight days after my third rental; I'm hoping to upgrade from the minivan I have rented to a 7-passenger SUV. Wishful thinking?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I'm three rentals away from Preferred Plus. I have switched three upcoming rentals to Avis (I'm already Hertz President's Circle). How quickly does the status change? I have a fourth rental eight days after my third rental; I'm hoping to upgrade from the minivan I have rented to a 7-passenger SUV. Wishful thinking?
Depends from where. At LAX I had a 7-passanger SUV instead of a minivan waiting for me. At PHX they wouldn't upgrade from our minivan to one of the many SUVs on the lot even when I insisted.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by megalab
Depends from where. At LAX I had a 7-passanger SUV instead of a minivan waiting for me. At PHX they wouldn't upgrade from our minivan to one of the many SUVs on the lot even when I insisted.
I'm a bit hopeful, then. This would be at SNA.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:33 pm

Upgrade for preferred plus only applies till full size?

I am preferred plus and had booked a premium vehicle at Wilmington Amtrak station. Was given a Taurus limited but saw a Volvo XC60 and enquired if I could be upgraded to that. Counter staff told me that the XC60 was available - and also that it was only one class higher - but preferred plus upgrade only applies from economy through full size vehicles. Is that true?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
New status updates?

My small exit gate receipt when I picked up a car says I am PC, but still appear as PP on the website (nor have received any mailed packet as yet).

I think it is possible I might have received the status based on 2016 activity, but I don't know. Are there others who have seen any new status on the receipt of late?

I think what it says on the closing receipt when I return the car might help confirm if i am really PC or still just PP. I guess I could call, but I don't usually do so. Maybe I will see a packet in the mail?

Frankly, I am not really sure what type of service difference I would have anyway (perhaps a better pre-assigned car that I would still change in the app?).

Edit: Just got a renewal email on Preferred Plus, so not sure what that PC indication on the check-out receipt is about.

Rasheed

Last edited by rasheed; Feb 8, 2017 at 9:09 am
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by cesc
I am preferred plus and had booked a premium vehicle at Wilmington Amtrak station. Was given a Taurus limited but saw a Volvo XC60 and enquired if I could be upgraded to that. Counter staff told me that the XC60 was available - and also that it was only one class higher - but preferred plus upgrade only applies from economy through full size vehicles. Is that true?
According to Avis Preferred Plus Terms & Conditions
... One-car-class upgrade is based on availability; maximum upgrade is to a premium car class.

Sounds like they were being stingy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.