Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks all!
this is the bit i dont quite follow .
how can the card be expired but the status connected to it still be valid?

i dont quite see how i can still be amigo diamond but have lost star gold status?

sorry if i am missing something obvious.

I also got a status match as 'Diamond' but the card says it is expired on 30/03/2017 and still the website says I'm a 'Diamond' which confusing me

Even though I couldn't hit to continue my status, Amigo program still offer *G for Amigo 'Gold' level which is one step downgrade. So, probably I will satisfy with it.

Does anyone have an idea or experience whether how Amigo program will revise the status from current 'Diamond' level? Generally, most program downgrade one step but no idea how Amigo will work
Old May 11, 2017, 7:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hw807
Does anyone have an idea or experience whether how Amigo program will revise the status from current 'Diamond' level? Generally, most program downgrade one step but no idea how Amigo will work
As I posted above, Avianca told me several weeks ago that they apply a soft landing.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by danger
As I posted above, Avianca told me several weeks ago that they apply a soft landing.
Yep, I just read the old post and found the information. I started to read the post after 2017 but I was able to find that it should be a 'soft landing' which makes me happy^ Thanks!

hw807
Old May 19, 2017, 1:13 pm

I'm still addressed as "Diamond" in their email marketing

Snacky
Old May 19, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Snacky
I'm still addressed as "Diamond" in their email marketing

Snacky
And me as gold

This was one of the best ever statusmatches with ghost lifetime status!
Old May 20, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
And me as gold

This was one of the best ever statusmatches with ghost lifetime status!
I got the Gold e-mail too. Yes, the lifetime Gold status is great!
Old May 28, 2017, 10:38 am

I expected to see any changes in my status...but still says 'Diamond' which is good but somewhat nervous that it can change in anytime before my trip

I really enjoyed *G benefits especially 'lounge access' and 'extra baggage allowance' which allows me to carry 32 kg * 3 bags even I'm flying in economy class^

If my status goes soft landing then I still will be a *G by Avianca Gold membership but not sure whether I need to pack my bag up to 32 kg or just be safe as 23 kg with an extra bag
Old May 28, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
I got the Gold e-mail too. Yes, the lifetime Gold status is great!
Me too! And indeed *G still actually works..
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Has anyone receiver their new card? Mine expired in March
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
It took me almost a year to get my first card, so I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I'm wrong, though.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283
It took me almost a year to get my first card, so I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I'm wrong, though.
I don't expect to receive a new card..just hoping that downgrade goes to a soft landing or Avianca keep my status as lifetime
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
I think no one has. Also, the majority of FT-ers in this thread will probably have a card through a status match and it would be interesting to know if members with earned status are also waiting for their new card.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Am I the only one who actually credits to Amigo?

Website still shows diamond with an expiration date of March 31, 2017. Lounge access granted everywhere I tried (SFO, IAH, YVR) so I presume I am still * Gold.

I flew about 4000 miles last month and credit to Amigo (so I get the lounge access) and potentially to get some Amigo miles. Total 6 legs and over 4000 flown miles in S,T & N UA fare buckets. Anyhow, only the first flight posted and it was a 600 mile UA flight YYJ to SFO and earned me 500 miles. I presume that is because it is 50% miles with minimum (500 earned) but I thought I got star gold bonus of diamond of 125% which would be 50% of 600 = 300 * 125% diamond = 675 miles which I did not get.

Also they didn't credit any of the other flights in the trip just the first leg.

So either way, I still have no idea what I am?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by smilee

Website still shows diamond with an expiration date of March 31, 2017. Lounge access granted everywhere I tried (SFO, IAH, YVR) so I presume I am still * Gold.

I flew about 4000 miles last month and credit to Amigo (so I get the lounge access) and potentially to get some Amigo miles. Total 6 legs and over 4000 flown miles in S,T & N UA fare buckets. Anyhow, only the first flight posted and it was a 600 mile UA flight YYJ to SFO and earned me 500 miles. I presume that is because it is 50% miles with minimum (500 earned) but I thought I got star gold bonus of diamond of 125% which would be 50% of 600 = 300 * 125% diamond = 675 miles which I did not get.

Also they didn't credit any of the other flights in the trip just the first leg.

You're not getting it right. Amigo will give you points based not on distance flown but on a fixed amount of points based on regions and fare classes. Any leg on a flight North America x North America should give you a fixed amount of 1.000 points. Then you check the fare buckets on UA. S, T and N will give you 500 Amigo points each.

The concept of "minimum points" as you can see is not applicable here. And status bonuses are given only on O6 flights, which happens to be Avianca Brazil flights, in case you missed it...

Last, but not least, everyone keeps the same status of last year as of today. Although this can change any day, of course.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by smilee

Avianca offers a soft landing from Diamond. Their second top tier is also Star Gold.

As for entering lounges, I don't know that there's anything that requires the program you're crediting your trip to must be the same program by which you access the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.