Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Which Champagne in Asiana First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know which champagne OZ is serving now from ICN-LAX or ICN-JFK in first? Thanks ...
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1M/1K, AA 1M/PLT, TG ROP Gold, BAEC Gold, SPG PLT, IC Ambassador, Taj Silver
I haven't flown OZ to LAX or JFK but to ORD and I assume that the wine list is the same. On my last flight at the end of May, they were serving either a 1995 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne or a Piper-Heidseck Brut.

Originally Posted by RTW4
Does anyone know which champagne OZ is serving now from ICN-LAX or ICN-JFK in first? Thanks ...
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I think on our ICN-LAX it was the same.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:33 am

They were serving Piper-Heidsieck on ICN-LAX/LAX-ICN last week... in C.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: LX M&M
In two weeks time im flying FRA-ICN in F and would like to know which Champagne they are serving. Is the taittinger still to be had?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:36 pm

I think on my recent NRT-ICN flight (which has the same extensive drink menu as long hauls, impressively), one of the options was a Heidsieck.

I stuck with the Pol Roger 2000 Sir Winston Churchill and was very happy.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
According to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ht-review.html (see pics in link), it could be the Pol Roger 2000 or Heidsieck 2000.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
According to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ht-review.html (see pics in link), it could be the Pol Roger 2000 or Heidsieck 2000.
After 1 glass of the Pol Roger they ran out of it not even 2 hours in to the flight Thursday….they had plenty of the Charles Heidsieck though. Not sure if that is normal but that was my experience.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: United 1K
Red face

My wife and were served Comtes 2004 on ORD to ICN last year in first. Unbelievably good stuff though I'm no champagne expert however...
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
After 1 glass of the Pol Roger they ran out of it not even 2 hours in to the flight Thursday….they had plenty of the Charles Heidsieck though. Not sure if that is normal but that was my experience.
I am flying this year on the ICN-JFK, and hope they don't run out of everything.

Two years ago I flew BKK-FRA in first and they had one bottle of Dom Perignon, and had only business class champagne. Half way into the flight Thai ran out of all first class red wine, and no decent white left.

Hopefully OZ does better for me.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
This happened on our flight too.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by bevotex
My wife and were served Comtes 2004 on ORD to ICN last year in first. Unbelievably good stuff though I'm no champagne expert however...
You are expert enough to recognize a great champagne! ^

Originally Posted by jpatokal
They were serving Piper-Heidsieck on ICN-LAX/LAX-ICN last week... in C.
Vintage or non-vintage?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Pol Roger Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill last month ICN-JFK in F.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Only one bottle of Pol Roger ICN-FRA in F last week. But had it all for myself as I was the only one of four passengers drinking Champagne. And the Heidsieck was very nice also...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Only one bottle of Pol Roger ICN-FRA in F last week. But had it all for myself as I was the only one of four passengers drinking Champagne. And the Heidsieck was very nice also...
You were lucky. I flew BKK-FRA on Thai and they had one bottle of Dom Perignon. I have a bit of German heritage, but those German's blew through that bottle within minutes after in-flight service commenced. They were not concerned as long as there was something else to drink. A good fun group. Piper-Heidseck Brut is something that is great for a nice home dinner, but should not be a staple on an international first class flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.