Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
What's your budget? You can find executive Kosts for $300 and up per month. I'd say $400-600 would get you something decent. For $1000 you can get something very nice.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
What's your budget? You can find executive Kosts for $300 and up per month. I'd say $400-600 would get you something decent. For $1000 you can get something very nice.
Really ? I have been quoted much higher prices...
I could go to 800 $ i guess...
Do you have any places to recommand ?

I 'm looking for something close to night action and malls.
Also with a good internet. Gym would be a plus.
Am i asking too much ?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lemerou
Really ? I have been quoted much higher prices...
I could go to 800 $ i guess...
Do you have any places to recommand ?

I 'm looking for something close to night action and malls.
Also with a good internet. Gym would be a plus.
Am i asking too much ?
It all depends on the area and how fancy you want it. I've stayed at a 2.5 star place years ago for less than $400 a month. It might be too basic for you. In the CBD, I think. Emerald Suites. I haven't stayed in over 3 years. No gym.

Try googling for Jakarta and kost.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:33 am

Thank you.
I will have a look.

When you mention Emerald Suites, you're talking about Pejaten Suites right ?

Last edited by lemerou; Mar 5, 2015 at 1:42 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you.
I will have a look.

When you mention Emerald Suites, you're talking about Pejaten Suites right ?
No, not in the Pejaten area.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:32 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Has anyone has some recommandations for short term rental appartments (one or two months) ?
Thanks
I've stayed in a couple of kost near Karet (not too far by foot from Mal Ambassador).

Most recently, I was there in early 2014. I just walked around, asking if they had rooms/what the deposit was/when cleaning is done/if they have internet, and eventually settled on a place. Housekeeping barely kept it clean, but the a/c worked, as did the wifi...sometimes. Still, there are many options around there.

Actually, the biggest thorn in the side of that neighborhood is flooding. Jalan Karet Pedurenan is a big mess already, and that is compounded when flash floods occur. (Yes, flooding can be a pain on any street, but that one is particularly unpleasant.)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:44 am

Thanks for the answers !
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Any inside info on good places to party in Jakarta? (There was some mention of this at the beginning of the thread, but it dates back to '04(!)

What is the expected/permitted attire in these places for men and women?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:57 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by icedancer
Any inside info on good places to party in Jakarta? (There was some mention of this at the beginning of the thread, but it dates back to '04(!)

What is the expected/permitted attire in these places for men and women?
I can only answer for the discos in the northern part of the city...they're nuts! Actually, the one I used to frequent - Stadium - was shut down last year, but to sum up that place, drugs, drugs and drugs.

Kupu-kupu malam (literally, butterflies of the night; euphemistically, prostitutes) are all over the place, as are cigarettes, liquor and fire code-breaking crowds.

In other words, there's a lounge/KTV (karaoke) place called Illigals in that part of town. Dare I say more?

In any event, there are clubs throughout the city, in hotels, and neighborhoods such as Glodok, Senayan and Blok M.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:51 am

Citibank lounge - CGK Terminal 2

I just departed from CGK Terminal 2 (Garuda and most international airlines) and happened upon the Citibank lounges--there are two (2E and 2F).

An earlier comment in this thread talked about a US$5.00 fee, but when I offered my basic US Citibank ATM card, I was charged 1 Rp (much less than a US cent)!

It's not a large or fancy lounge, but it does offer complimentary food and non-alcoholic drinks, some tables to spread out and work on, and free internet.

The attendant told me that some other major Indonesian airports also have Citibank lounges

Nice little discovery!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:02 am

I was lured by the Indonesian Embassy into just getting a visa on arrival and not bothering with the formal visa application from them overseas. It made sense to me.

I arrived late in the evening on a large jumbo jet that seemed to come in about the same time as another large plane. The VOA process is very bureaucratic--you wait in one line to buy a coupon to pay for your visa, then you wait in a second line to have your visa put into your passport.

The total process ran me 90 minutes--that was after an all-day/all-night flight to get there.

If you have the time, get the visa in your passport from the Indonesian Embassy ahead of time!

PS: The VOA fee recently was increased from US$25 to US$35--only 30 days allowed.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Oh, wow. I didn't know that.
Citi Bank Lounge Indonesia

edit: Also found this list.
https://www.citibank.co.id/english/c...CUH2ENPGRDCALM

CITIGold Debit Card will be swiped for Rp.1. One cardholder can use both a CitiGold Debit Card and a Citibank Credit Card at the same time.

Originally Posted by DCFlyerguy
I just departed from CGK Terminal 2 (Garuda and most international airlines) and happened upon the Citibank lounges--there are two (2E and 2F).

An earlier comment in this thread talked about a US$5.00 fee, but when I offered my basic US Citibank ATM card, I was charged 1 Rp (much less than a US cent)!

It's not a large or fancy lounge, but it does offer complimentary food and non-alcoholic drinks, some tables to spread out and work on, and free internet.

The attendant told me that some other major Indonesian airports also have Citibank lounges

Nice little discovery!

Last edited by tomy77; Mar 12, 2015 at 6:31 pm
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Big change in visa program as announced last week:
Now many major countries will no longer have to pay for a visa on arrival:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/03/23/i...in-april-2015/
and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...countries.html

The 30 countries that are joining this (original list of 15) as from next month (April 2015) include China, South Korea, Japan, the US, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Qatar, Kuwait, the UAE, Oman, Bahrain and South Africa.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyzabit
Big change in visa program as announced last week:
There are already two threads in this forum dedicated to the issue.

Importantly, this post
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...l#post24550301
suggests there will be delay in implementing changes where the state involved does not have similar visa conditions for visiting Indonesians.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Rare for me to ask as i'd normally answer

But jumping the new new Garuda flights, but a connection has left me 6-7 hours in CGK. Not heading into town to see the relatives (will see them on return) - it's during the day. So thinking of paid for lounges, day rooms or anywhere within 20-30 minutes taxi (no golf!) that I could stretch my legs to see. I normal get out at CGK so not used to transitting (but as a result can do immigration quick and know my way around the airport).

I don't that free lounge access - so best paid for in the airport? (Will be going GA Intl to GA Domestic). Or can I get a day room at Sheraton (presume rip off). The in-airport hotel gets terrible reviews, a friend has mentioned FM7, and I know other places (POP? Ibis?) have cropped up, wouldn't mind paying for a room, a pool, and a place I can get a bintang?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.