Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question re visa requirement for Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Quick question re visa requirement for Cambodia

I'm heading out very soon to Singapore, Siem Reap, Bangkok and then Maldives, in that order. Of those countries, only Cambodia requires a visa for entry. I wanted to do it online but forgot about it and now it's too late. It can be obtained at the airport as well, but the US travel site states that I'll need 2 passport photos. I don't have access to that at this time; will this be an issue?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm heading out very soon to Singapore, Siem Reap, Bangkok and then Maldives, in that order. Of those countries, only Cambodia requires a visa for entry. I wanted to do it online but forgot about it and now it's too late. It can be obtained at the airport as well, but the US travel site states that I'll need 2 passport photos. I don't have access to that at this time; will this be an issue?
It must be an issue, right? If they say you need them you need them. But why wouldn't you be able to get photos very easily in Singapore, or even in Singapore airport?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:05 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this is about a specific country's entry rules, we will move this to the Asia forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I can't recall if Cambodia actually required the photo on arrival. For such photos, I use the free app for iPhone called 2x2pix to create 6 2"x2" photos in one 4"x6" print, which I then got printed at my neighborhood pharmacy (just cut them up after printing). It cost 19 cents for 6 photos in 2 minutes.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've heard many reports of paying a couple of dollars at the visa desk and having this dealt with then. Having never dealt with the situation personally entering Cambodia I can't lend any further information to this anecdote nor corroborate it.

I fully understood your apprehension for traveling without the photos and typically have a stash 'just in case'.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I believe you can pay $2 at the airport for the picture
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I believe you can pay $2 at the airport for the picture
Right, you just pay a few dollars extra at the airport for them to take your photo. The visa costs are in US dollars and you will pay in US dollars.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I arrived with a visa, which required sending two passport pics. I was with someone who did not have a visa, but did have the two passport pics. We saw people getting the pics taken at the airport. When we arrived in Siem Reap, those with visas went straight to the immigration desk. Those without went to a different row of desks. Bottom line, everyone was past immigration before the bags landed on the carousel. While I'm glad I took care of the visa ahead of time, and would do so again, it didn't slow those down who did not have the visa and/or pics.

The pic is attached to a piece of paper which is used as your visa while in the country, as opposed to a visa being stamped in your passport. IIRC, the second pic stays with authorities, in lieu of your pic being taken as you enter the country like so many other countries do.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I go to Cambodia every couple of years and never both with the photo, they scan the one in your passport for an extra $2
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CJKatl
IIRC, the second pic stays with authorities, in lieu of your pic being taken as you enter the country like so many other countries do.
There are cameras at every immigration agent's desk along with fingerprint scanners. Whether either is working on any given day is a different question.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, HH Silver, MR Platinum
If it's $2 extra for arriving without the picture, the price has doubled since I was there in 2013. At any event, it's probably still cheaper than having pictures taken in Singapore.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Bad news folks. I landed in Cambodia a month ago and the immigration agents are now asking for $3 if you don't have a photo.
Mike Jacoubowsky likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, I think I may need to cancel my trip.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:58 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Bad news folks. I landed in Cambodia a month ago and the immigration agents are now asking for $3 if you don't have a photo.
At REP in January, it was US$2, so perhaps variable.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Hi DavelnLA,

You could make your Cambodia visa photos online at visafoto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.