Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling from Malvinas/Falklands to Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Travelling from Malvinas/Falklands to Argentina

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you travel from the Malvinas to mainland Argentina, when you arrive, do you pass through immigration / passport control? Since Argentina considers the Malvinas to be Argentina, they may not, since you technically aren't coming from another country. Muchas gracias!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes you will.
I'd be interested to know how you plan on getting between the islands and Argentina?
Lan used to have a very infrequent seasonal direct flight to Rio Gallegos however that seems to have stopped. All other flights will route via Punta Arenas in Chile.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
A friend who travels frequently to Rio Gallegos says the Punta Arenas flights stops once a month in Rio Gallegos . But he wasnt able to give me any more info.

In any case this may now be irrElevant as there are rumours of a flight direct to BUE ...

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Malvi...651034893.html

Last edited by malagajohn; Sep 15, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by malagajohn
A friend who travels frequently to Rio Gallegos says the Punta Arenas flights stops once a month in Rio Gallegos . But he wasnt able to give me any more info.

In any case this may now be irrElevant as there are rumours of a flight direct to BUE ...

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Malvi...651034893.html
Yes breaking news that discussions on improved air links will take place. Although from my understanding the flights will originate from a 3rd country with a stop in Argentina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.