Reliable Remis from EZE to Rosario

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reliable Remis from EZE to Rosario

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

We have to stop along the way for gas not petrol on the way to EZE. Which I find okay as it allows us to go for a coffee and toilet break while Ricardo our usual driver attends to the filling up.
When we are going the other way from EZE he always makes sure it's full before picking us up to prevent having to stop. Which is good as we're usually tired and just want to get home asap.
Having to stop two or three times sounds a pain as you have to get out of the car while it gets filled and it'll add time on to the journey.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
This is a very good question! Just found their website and send them a WhatsApp to request a quotation. Unfortunately didn't found their website again because I requested a hand full of remis services yesterday but still got their mobile number could send it via PM if ya want!?
Thanks, I was just curious.

Taxi Ezeiza (http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar) usually has good prices from EZE to downtown Buenos Aires and the cars are reasonably new. You might want to contact them and compare prices, although 250 USD sounds good enough.

I wouldn't worry about the three stops on the way. Many years ago I was young and poor and drove an awfully old Hyundai Accent with CNG. I had to stop for gas every 140km when driving at 100km/h. That said, there are many CNG stations on the way to Rosario and each stop shouldn't take you more than a few minutes. The only inconvenience is that, contrary to loading petrol, everyone has to leave the car when loading CNG.

Otherwise, I was just thinking, did you consider renting a car? This isn't Europe were cars rentals are very cheap, but since the remis doesn't come really inexpensive either...

Last edited by Marambio; Jan 31, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Originally Posted by Marambio
Thanks, I was just curious.

Taxi Ezeiza (http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar) usually has good prices from EZE to downtown Buenos Aires and the cars are reasonably new. You might want to contact them and compare prices, although 250 USD sounds good enough.

I wouldn't worry about the three stops on the way. Many years ago I was young and poor and drove an awfully old Hyundai Accent with CNG. I had to stop for gas every 140km when driving at 100km/h. That said, there are many CNG stations on the way to Rosario and each stop shouldn't take you more than a few minutes. The only inconvenience is that, contrary to loading petrol, everyone has to leave the car when loading CNG.

Otherwise, I was just thinking, did you consider renting a car? This isn't Europe were cars rentals are very cheap, but since the remis doesn't come really inexpensive either...
Hello Marambio,

well I really consider to rent a car because I actually do so at all other destinations. I think the major issue is just to pass BA to go onto the RN9!?
What do you think?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:28 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please note that driving in Argentina is nothing like driving in Europe or North America. Im not saying its impossible but it is a different "experience" that requires drivers adapt to a different driving style, and added flexibility with issues like road signage and infrastructure in General. Assumptions that are basic when driving in an OECD environment cannot be taken for granted in Argentina.

Also, if you are not fluent in Spanish, this can also be an issue.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:56 am

No matter how moody/bad drivers we are, EZE to Rosario should be a pretty straightforward drive as you only go through fairly good motorways plus you land on a Saturday morning, so no rush hour traffic.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
No matter how moody/bad drivers we are, EZE to Rosario should be a pretty straightforward drive as you only go through fairly good motorways plus you land on a Saturday morning, so no rush hour traffic.
Valid points... having said that, I would not want to be a visitor making a wrong exit on Circunvalacion and getting into the harsh areas in Rosario. I have to wonder if the potential risks/reward balance makes it all worth it....?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Valid points... having said that, I would not want to be a visitor making a wrong exit on Circunvalacion and getting into the harsh areas in Rosario. I have to wonder if the potential risks/reward balance makes it all worth it....?
I agree with the safety issue but going with sat nav during daylight and simple common sense I think its capable!

PS:Hope the "avoid rough area function" is enabled on sat nav! ;-)

Last edited by ThrustReverse; Feb 1, 2016 at 6:11 am
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:30 am

Manuel Tienda León operates a shuttle bus from EZE to downtown Rosario every 3 hours or so. Price is 770 ARS, roughly 55 USD, which for the distance (320km) sounds reasonable.

If you read Spanish, you can see the schedule and book online at www.mtlrosario.com.ar
Just saw this post.

If the OP is on a budget then this seems to be the best suggestion posted so far. ^
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Just saw this post.

If the OP is on a budget then this seems to be the best suggestion posted so far. ^
Hey Hiddy, I know about this offer but what about the bus station area in Rosario?
Is it safe, can I take Taxi from curb side in this area??

Regards,

Thrustreverse
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Hey Hiddy, I know about this offer but what about the bus station area in Rosario?
Is it safe, can I take Taxi from curb side in this area??

Regards,

Thrustreverse
I've never been there but it's not something I would be concerned about to be honest especially during the day time. Bus stations always have taxis outside.

What's the purpose of your visit....business or leisure? If you're that concerned about it why don't you arrange for someone to meet you on arrival?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've never been there but it's not something I would be concerned about to be honest especially during the day time. Bus stations always have taxis outside.

What's the purpose of your visit....business or leisure? If you're that concerned about it why don't you arrange for someone to meet you on arrival?
I m on a business trip but don't know the customer yet. My issue is I m traveling with two large pcs of luggage!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:11 am

MTL: They don't use the Rosario coach terminal (which, by the way, is in a reasonable area and has a big police presence) but rather they stop at their own office at the corner of San Lorenzo and Maipú, at the heart of downtown Rosario. I'd call them as I'm pretty confident they can arrange a taxi to your hotel/flat/whatever from there.

Driving: Safety-wise, as long as you stay on the motorway and in the Avenida de Circunvalación in Rosario you shouldn't worry at all. I never drive outside Buenos Aires without a GPS, but to Rosario I've been dozens of times and it's fairly easy. From EZE follow signs for "Avenida General Paz", after some 15km take the exit and lean left towards "Río de la Plata". Drive on General Paz (which is a motorway despite its name) for 25km and take the exit marked as "Acceso Norte / Rutas 8 y 9". Once on Acceso Norte follow signs for "Ruta 9 / Rosario". Some kilometres before reaching the city there's a big sign which reads "Av. de Circunvalación - Córdoba - Santa Fe - Al Puerto". Take the exit and then lean right towards "Al Puerto". Then you will be on Avenida de Circunvalación, which is also a motorway. If you follow the course of the road for 10 km (it then becomes Avenida Belgrano) you will end up right in downtown Rosario.

Note: If you drive, you'll go through 6 tolls between EZE and ROS. Make sure you have pesos as they don't take neither foreign currency nor cards.

Last edited by Marambio; Feb 1, 2016 at 10:17 am
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
MTL: They don't use the Rosario coach terminal (which, by the way, is in a reasonable area and has a big police presence) but rather they stop at their own office at the corner of San Lorenzo and Maipú, at the heart of downtown Rosario. I'd call them as I'm pretty confident they can arrange a taxi to your hotel/flat/whatever from there.

Driving: Safety-wise, as long as you stay on the motorway and in the Avenida de Circunvalación in Rosario you shouldn't worry at all. I never drive outside Buenos Aires without a GPS, but to Rosario I've been dozens of times and it's fairly easy. From EZE follow signs for "Avenida General Paz", after some 15km take the exit and lean left towards "Río de la Plata". Drive on General Paz (which is a motorway despite its name) for 25km and take the exit marked as "Acceso Norte / Rutas 8 y 9". Once on Acceso Norte follow signs for "Ruta 9 / Rosario". Some kilometres before reaching the city there's a big sign which reads "Av. de Circunvalación - Córdoba - Santa Fe - Al Puerto". Take the exit and then lean right towards "Al Puerto". Then you will be on Avenida de Circunvalación, which is also a motorway. If you follow the course of the road for 10 km (it then becomes Avenida Belgrano) you will end up right in downtown Rosario.

Note: If you drive, you'll go through 6 tolls between EZE and ROS. Make sure you have pesos as they don't take neither foreign currency nor cards.
Marambio, Very thoughtful of you to give such specific instructions to the OP. Very nice to see.. OP.. Just curious, I would wonder if MTL has the Remis "final mile" delivery as they do with EZE/Puerto Madero combination. (you purchase a ticket at EZE to your final destination in BsAs, once at MTL Terminal Madero one of their Remis will take you an a few others to your final destination. I see that you started another thread and the $55 Shuttle may still interest you.. and it may be less with a total thru fare from EZE??.. I'm stretching a bit here but it wouldn't hurt to ask MTL if the do the final mile in Rosario and have a thru fare from EZE. Good luck and Safe Travels

Update: seems that the 770 ARS is the fare from EZE to Rosario

http://www.mtlrosario.com.ar/traslados

Last edited by Flying Machine; Feb 2, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I would just to let you guys know that I now made my decision and booked the taxi service from MTL.

Thanks to everybody for the help and suggestions specially to Marimbo for the very detailed driving directions. Will advice the MTL driver if their is need

Regards,

Thrustreverse
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:05 am

So the 'gringo fare' wasn't such a rip off after all?

Good decision taking the door to door option. With inflation having been so high over the years the fare is a realistic one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.