Wiki Posts
Search

Sol Líneas Aéreas ceases operations.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Sol Líneas Aéreas ceases operations.

The dodgy funded airline has ceased operations.

About time too. ^
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What is Sol? I know it's sun, but is it some charter or vacation/beach routes subsidiaary of AR? I assume that the parent or whatever airline known as AR didn't cease its operations, right?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is Sol? I know it's sun in Spanish, but is it some charter or vacation/beach routes subsidiaary of AR? I assume that the parent or whatever airline known as AR didn't cease its operations, right?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is Sol? I know it's sun, but is it some charter or vacation/beach routes subsidiaary of AR? I assume that the parent or whatever airline known as AR didn't cease its operations, right?
I don't know the full ins and outs but it seems they were being given US$1m a day by AR who themselves aren't exactly rolling in cash. I suspect this is the first step taken by the new Government in putting an end to the corruption that has blighted the airline industry here.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
As properly and more timely reported in the proper forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ines-shut.html

Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

This one's had more replies though.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Smile

Originally Posted by HIDDY
This one's had more replies though.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:17 am

I unfortunately flew quite a bit with this lot - talk about nightmares... Planes were not properly maintained and always late or cancelled. Hopefully Aerolineas pick up some of the routes and add more availability.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stylewars
I unfortunately flew quite a bit with this lot - talk about nightmares... Planes were not properly maintained and always late or cancelled. Hopefully Aerolineas pick up some of the routes and add more availability.
Hopefully in their current state Aerolineas are next to cease operations.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hopefully in their current state Aerolineas are next to cease operations.
I have a feeling Aerolineas has a lot of noquis that will kick off when they get their marching orders. Airlines are already difficult to run at a profit or minimal loss without the added 'extra's' that don't contribute anything but take a salary.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stylewars
I have a feeling Aerolineas has a lot of noquis that will kick off when they get their marching orders. Airlines are already difficult to run at a profit or minimal loss without the added 'extra's' that don't contribute anything but take a salary.
I suspect the Macri government will wait until the holiday season is over before starting to think of sorting the AR mess out. It needs closing down and resurrected under private ownership with staff working under new working conditions to suit todays airline industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.