JFK to EZE - best time to buy??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to EZE - best time to buy??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by weldflip
Thank you for all your advice so far! I look forward to booking soon. I do notice that Aerolineas Argentinas has a straight flight from JFK, and significantly cheaper than the other options.

However I am cautious with a "you get what you pay for" mentality. Has anyone flown on this route? How was the experience? Is it worth shelling out a couple hundred extra dollars for another flight?
Just for the heck of it I tried kayak.com for a trip from NYC to EZE going on 13SEP and back 27SEP. The rate on Delta from any of the three area airports was $893, so I don't see the huge difference with other carriers. I can't imagine the rate going down significantly between now and then. You may want to check on the dates that would work for you.
I have flown these routes often (see my signature) and would definitely pick DL if the difference in the fare with AR is not that big.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
AR (Aerolineas) in Y (economy) is ok, sometimes better than AA (food/service), and seat are more nicer than AA.

JFK-EZE had a Frequency Reliability of 93% (on time) in the last 2 months, with only 3 big delays since December 15 2015 (data taken from ExpertFlyer and flightaware). Many users here said avoid Aerolineas, but probaly they had never flow AR (long haul) in the last couple of years, and their mind got stuck when AR was managed by Marsan's.

I flow AR a few times in the last four of years, but most of the time I fly American because I have a status with them (my hub is MIA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.