Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Autopista from Centro to EZE partially blocked 14/4/16

Old Apr 14, 16, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond

I finished my business in BsAs and booked Taxi Ezeiza for the trip to the airport from Centro this afternoon. The driver arrived early and said there was problem with road blockage so I left early but arrived on time. More than half the trip was on side streets. I have not been able to find out the cause (protest re: Uber, striking bank employees, or ???). Props to Taxi Ezeiza for proactively addressing this and getting me to the airport on time.

Please move if this should go in the Uber thread or someplace else.
Old Apr 14, 16, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by KayakingNow View Post
I finished my business in BsAs and booked Taxi Ezeiza for the trip to the airport from Centro this afternoon. The driver arrived early and said there was problem with road blockage so I left early but arrived on time. More than half the trip was on side streets. I have not been able to find out the cause (protest re: Uber, striking bank employees, or ???). Props to Taxi Ezeiza for proactively addressing this and getting me to the airport on time.

Please move if this should go in the Uber thread or someplace else.
Yes blocking roads is a favourite pastime for those with a chip on their shoulder. I've experienced it before when going to EZE. It was quite entertaining to watch until the protesters started threatening our car with sticks, tyre fires and supermarket trolleys!! Thankfully police outriders came to our rescue.
Old Apr 14, 16, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Never hurts to have this link handy.
http://servicios.lanacion.com.ar/transito
Old Apr 14, 16, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
I flew out out of EZE on Friday, 8 Apr in the pm. i left the city at 4:00. My driver took a side road path for much of the way, saying that the highway was blocked. I didn't ask what but assumed construction.
Old Apr 15, 16, 6:21 am
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Today will be Chaos because its Friday, it will rain all day and then there will be massive Taxi protests because of Uber.... and I have to go into town !!!!!

Will report back this evening....
Old Apr 15, 16, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
Today will be Chaos because its Friday, it will rain all day and then there will be massive Taxi protests because of Uber.... and I have to go into town !!!!!

Will report back this evening....
Good luck.
Despite the threat of storms and flooding forecast for overnight and today where I am it hasn't happened....yet. The sun has even made the odd appearance. Very humid though.

Search this Thread