Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Forgot to mention last month, Acela southbound from NYP, I was sitting one row ahead of a guy who WOULD. NOT. GET. OFF. THE. PHONE. THE. WHOLE. TRIP. and sounded so, so familiar. He was going on and on about immigration the whole time, which made me think I should listen and report what I heard to my best friend who works for CIS in DC. Finally when I got up to get off the train in WIL I saw that it was Marco Rubio. FWIW this was not F.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I sat immediately in front of Michael Phelps on a ride in F from NYP-PHL (he was going to BAL) a few months ago - he had just come from a segment on the "Today" show. I did see some fans ask for his autograph at NYP, but on the train no one seemed to notice him, or if they did they didn't do anything about it. That said, the attendant did seem to know him personally in a way that had me thinking Michael rides the Acela quite often.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:00 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by jackal
Hmm, Biden while he is in the vice presidency? I assumed he would have had to give up the train for security reasons once he got elected to that office. If not, interesting.
He's been a far less frequent rider than he used to be, but there have been a few occasions where he did use the train. About 2 years ago I boarded Acela FC in NYP on my way to Boston, and the attendant was telling me that Mr. Biden had been in the FC car from WAS to PHL.

Part of the issue for Amtrak is that now with Secret Service, support staff, and a buffer; they lose half the seats in the car.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I sat immediately in front of Michael Phelps on a ride in F from NYP-PHL (he was going to BAL) a few months ago - he had just come from a segment on the "Today" show. I did see some fans ask for his autograph at NYP, but on the train no one seemed to notice him, or if they did they didn't do anything about it. That said, the attendant did seem to know him personally in a way that had me thinking Michael rides the Acela quite often.
I was actually on a Regional out of NYP a few months ago and Phelps came into my car. A few people did go up to him while he was seated and ask for his autograph. He wasn't happy and was asking them to respect his privacy. Before we pulled out , someone came and took him off the train. I'm wondering if they moved him over to your Acela since there was one leaving around the same time.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Celebs on Amtrak

Ive seen many Celebs in the Club Acela in NYP, PHL and WAS and have ridden in FC with Chris Matthews, Anthony Bourdain, Charles Barkley, Bill Cosby and Numerous Politicians including Joe Biden when he was still a Senator from Delaware!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
World-Famous psychic Sylvia Brown southbound on the CS to San Jose riding in the H Bedroom on oxygen and wheelchaired. The train arrived on time.
She must have known that.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:51 pm

Passed Charlie Rangel shuffling his way out of the NYP Club Acela today at 1:30 as I was on my way in. I'm not sure he counts as a "celebrity" but at least I recognized him.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:05 am

Governor Chris Christie this morning on the 9AM Acela out of DC in business class. Guess that's for the optics - he is running for re-election after all...

Got off in Newark.

Last edited by BrianCUnited; Oct 12, 2013 at 9:43 am
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Passed Charlie Rangel shuffling his way out of the NYP Club Acela today at 1:30 as I was on my way in. I'm not sure he counts as a "celebrity" but at least I recognized him.
He's also sitting three rows ahead of me on today's 12 noon Acela WAS-NYP in F.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:51 am

I guess he's out of jail, then. I saw him right before he got arrested at an immigration protest in DC.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
David Duchovny was on Acela NYP-WAS today in F. I wouldn't have even known who he is, but a few other people were chatting about it in the vestibule as we pulled in to WAS.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Robin Roberts, Jon Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Stephen Colbert, and assorted politicians in Acela F this past Saturday.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I've seen John McCain, Charlie Rangel and Randy Levine (president of the yankees) in Acela F
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta, United, AA and BA/Marriott
Acela

Madeline Albright.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I've seen John McCain, Charlie Rangel and Randy Levine (president of the yankees) in Acela F
I see Rangel all the time on Acela. He has been very personable when I have approached him to thank him for his long national service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.