Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Celebrity Sightings on Amtrak

I think all the airline-specific forums have a thread like this, so why not?

Actress Cristine Rose, in coach (not biz class) aboard Pacific Surfliner #564 on Saturday 7/26, heading to Comic-Con in San Diego. She plays Angela Petrelli on "Heroes," although the couple in the seats in front of me -- who got a quick photo with her -- were more excited about the fact that she has a recurring role on "How I Met Your Mother."
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:20 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
I don't know his name, but the guy who plays "Ryan" in The Office was on Pacific Surfliner 583 on Saturday heading to Los Angeles. He was in Pacific Business Class.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by trainman74
I think all the airline-specific forums have a thread like this, so why not?
Actually...Celebrity Sightings.

My Amtrak travel is limited to the NEC...so Joe Biden, Arlen Spector and most recently Bill Bradley. I thought I saw Tia Tequila recently but don't think it was really her (depending on what her real "American" name is).
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:24 am

Al Franken on Acela NYC-WAS last year.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Glad to see that some allegedly pro-Amtrak politicians do take Amtrak. When I see Chuck Schumer and leading Democratic senators on the US Airways Shuttle, in first class in particular, I feel like saying something!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by bitburgr
I swear, I did a search before I posted, but that thread didn't show up.

I thought I saw Tia Tequila recently but don't think it was really her (depending on what her real "American" name is).
Before she was Tila Tequila, she was Tila Nguyen, although I'm not 100% sure that's her real name (or, at least, the name she'd be traveling under).
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:34 am

I saw James Carville in Acela First last year between WAS - NYP
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:20 am

I have seen Bill Cosby on Acela F between PHL-WAS and Sen. Biden between WIL-WAS recently.

Dan
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
CBS News anchor and moderator of Face the Nation Bob Schieffer at the Club Acela in NY Penn. Funny thing was that he recognized me before I recognized him
Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
Funny thing was that he recognized me before I recognized him
So...who are you? And if saw yourself in the mirror while on a train, would that count as a celebrity sighting?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bitburgr
So...who are you? And if saw yourself in the mirror while on a train, would that count as a celebrity sighting?
Well, he's obviously a wx guy...
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431
I have seen Bill Cosby on Acela F between PHL-WAS and Sen. Biden between WIL-WAS recently.

Dan
No sightings myself, but...:

My PHL-based friend was in Acela F with Bill Cosby a few years ago- said he was a good sport and kept everyone entertained.

My parents were on Acela F NYP-WAS with Helen Thomas (former UPI reporter) and said she was very polite and friendly.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dan Quayle in Acela F last September. The sad part is that the rest of us in the car knew something was going on based on the extra security during the trip, but none of us knew who the guy was until we started talking about it upon arrival at WAS and someone figured it out. Not a particularly tall man, FWIW.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:10 am

Rudy Giuliani, Henry Kissinger (sitting right behind me, it was funny listening to that oh so unique voice for 2 hours), Geraldine Ferraro, Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. All on Acelela FC
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by jackson123
Rudy Giuliani, Henry Kissinger (sitting right behind me, it was funny listening to that oh so unique voice for 2 hours), Geraldine Ferraro, Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. All on Acelela FC
One of these things is not like the other...

Was Nikki in makeup and all dressed up? Or looking 'normal'?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.