Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can I store luggage at New Haven Union Station?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I'm think of traveling from Providence to New Haven by train next month and I want to get off the train for a few hours to see the Yale Art Gallery. Is there anywhere in the station or nearby to store luggage?
Old May 20, 2016, 9:17 pm

Nothing at the station and not really any hotels in the immediate area by the train.

They have lockers at the gallery if your bag can stuff in. Otherwise there are more hotels near Yale where you can leave your bags (Marriott, Omni).
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I have nothing to add besides stating that the Yale Art Gallery is amazing. I hope the roof is open when you go.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I actually have changed my lans simply because there is nowhere convenient to store my luggage. I'll juts go straight from Providence to New York. I hear they have stuff there too.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Looks like it may be too late for you - but if it would work, could you check in your luggage at PVD the night before your trip, and check it through to NYP? The overnight train has a baggage car. I have done some variation of this many times, though never specifically from PVD, and have never had a problem.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I totally forgot about this. I have never checked luggage on amtrak but I have heard that it is very easy but involves extra trips before or after to grab the luggage since not every train has it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.