Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question about re-booking with Amtrak Credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, United, Delta, Amtrak, Southwest, American Airlines

Greetings! I applied online, and was approved for a Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard (on 5/18/2016). I need to book some Amtrak travel on the Coast Starlight soon, for a departure on 5/31/2016.

Because the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard has not yet arrived by mail, i cannot book the Amtrak travel with that card at this time. I called two different Amtrak GR Reps today, and got two different answers to this question:

If I book my Amtrak travel now, using a non-Amtrak credit card, can I change the billing to the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard, once this new card is in my wallet?

One AMtrak Rep stated no, we cannot change the billing credit card on a paid reservation. The second Rep told me that it is possible to change the credit card billing to the Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard, once we know the account number, expiration date, and security code.

I would prefer to book these upcoming travel plans soon, and not wait a week or more for the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard to arrive by mail, if I can be confident that Amtrak will re-bill the trip, when I call them with the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard info.

Does anyone know the answer to my question?

Using the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard for this trip will net extra bonus points on the cash portion of the itinerary, and also points for booking the award portion of the trip - a significant amount for round-trip sleeper accommodations aboard the Coast Starlight.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

Old May 21, 2016, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, United, Delta, Amtrak, Southwest, American Airlines
Update

I also posted my question on amtraktrains.com and received several useful responses. If anyone else has a similar question, here is the link to my other post.

I look forward to my upcoming travel on the Coast Starlight, and wish you safe and happy travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.