Wiki Posts
Search

New Metro Lounge in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
New Metro Lounge in Chicago

Lots of posts on the rail sites about access to the New Metro Lounge in Chicago Union Station when it opens in June.

Supposedly Amtrak staff in Chicago are telling Sleeping Car passengers that ONLY those leaving in Sleepers the same day and Business Class and S+ and SE AGR Members will be able to access the Lounge.

Those making connections from arriving LD Trains in Sleepers and leaving on Regional Trains that only have Coach will NOT be eligible to use the Lounge!

Another example of Amtrak treating it's best customers that pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for Sleepers with disdain? Or just Chicago Dragons making up rules like they're known for?

Paging someone @ Amtrak that knows if this moronic rule is true, and if so, Why???
Old May 18, 2016, 11:15 pm

Hmm. If true, not nice.

Hope the new met lounge can handle more people without kicking out arriving sleeping pax.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by jimhudson
Lots of posts on the rail sites about access to the New Metro Lounge in Chicago Union Station when it opens in June.

Supposedly Amtrak staff in Chicago are telling Sleeping Car passengers that ONLY those leaving in Sleepers the same day and Business Class and S+ and SE AGR Members will be able to access the Lounge.

Those making connections from arriving LD Trains in Sleepers and leaving on Regional Trains that only have Coach will NOT be eligible to use the Lounge!

Another example of Amtrak treating it's best customers that pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for Sleepers with disdain? Or just Chicago Dragons making up rules like they're known for?

Paging someone @ Amtrak that knows if this moronic rule is true, and if so, Why???
I can't say if it's true or not, but that's exactly what was announced while I was waiting to board 48 on May 18.

If the new lounge is larger than the old one, I can't imagine why this change would be necessary.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Note that OP says, "supposedly." This suggests that nobody has told him this, only that he has heard it from someone who says the heard it. Why doesn't OP call Amtrak and ask and then report back rather than reporting unsubstantiated third-hand rumor and then bashing Amtrak for hating its "best" customers?
Old May 25, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Often1
Note that OP says, "supposedly." This suggests that nobody has told him this, only that he has heard it from someone who says the heard it. Why doesn't OP call Amtrak and ask and then report back rather than reporting unsubstantiated third-hand rumor and then bashing Amtrak for hating its "best" customers?
Normally, I would agree. But the sites the OP is referring to do have multiple independent reports from people who have spoken directly with Amtrak employees and management, including in the ML at CUS. The messaging is that Amtrak will update their policies on-line when the new ML opens next month. Amtrak - just like any other company - would not likely comment on anything officially until a new policy is publicly announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.