Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is lunch served on the northbound City of New Orleans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club

Looking at taking #58 out of New Orleans, it departs at 1:45 pm, which wouldn't typically have a scheduled lunch, however taking a look at the Northbound CONO menu on the Amtrak site it shows a lunch menu - does this mean lunch is served after the departure from NOL, anybody take it recently?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Nope, no lunch is served northbound out of NOL. Either eat before boarding or visit the cafe car after departure.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AlanB
Nope, no lunch is served northbound out of NOL. Either eat before boarding or visit the cafe car after departure.
As I thought, I'm just curious as to why they have a lunch menu posted if they don't serve the meal on the northbound (with the 9 am arrival to Chicago).
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by jdawg
As I thought, I'm just curious as to why they have a lunch menu posted if they don't serve the meal on the northbound (with the 9 am arrival to Chicago).
Probably because there used to be only one menu before for both directions, and they just copied the original file to create the north & south menus. And the person doing so had no clue what meals are actually served.

Also I suppose that it could have been left just in case the northbound is so late that they must serve a lunch.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Do they serve breakfast on day 2 of the north bound trip?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by zgscl
Do they serve breakfast on day 2 of the north bound trip?
Yes, they do.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:37 pm

If you travel south on the City of New Orleans you can pick up lunch! Kind of like the Capitol Limited heading east. You get three meals instead of two when your heading west.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Do they serve dinner of the 8pm departure out of Chicago?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Do they serve dinner of the 8pm departure out of Chicago?
Yes there is a dinner service that starts shortly after leaving Chicago. If I recall correctly it is an Express menu however there are several options and desert. It has been a couple years so I am not 100% sure on that but I can confirm the diner is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.