Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing AGR Insider!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Introducing AGR Insider!

On behalf of the FlyerTalk community, I'd like to welcome our first offical Amtrak handle, AGR Insider. There is actually a group of people who will be representing both Amtrak and Guest Rewards through this handle, and I'll let each of them post their own introduction. Amtrak has been lurking for a long time so let's give them a warm FT welcome!

All Aboard FlyerTalk, Amtrak!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Excellent news! Thank you ByeByeDelta for bringing our new Amtrak/AGR friends into the fold.

AGR Insider, a hearty welcome to all of you. As I'm sure you've already seen, we're one of the smaller constituencies on FlyerTalk, but a vocal one just the same. Some of our gripes are largely out of your hands (the size of train consists and Amtrak's fleet, host railroad performance, etc.). But you'll surely get an earful about common everyday issues (S/S+ benefits, range of AGR awards, AGR web site functionality, competency of AGR customer service, competency of Amtrak agents in processing upgrades, on-board service standards, etc.).

Thank you in advance for being here and for listening to our concerns and being engaged. I certainly hope this is the beginning of an ongoing, constructive dialogue that opens a new channel of feedback from passengers, building on what you surely already hear via Customer Relations, ACAC, and NARP. ^
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:12 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Hi, my name is Vicky Radke and I’m excited to join the FlyerTalk community representing Amtrak Guest Rewards. I’m happy to be here to listen to your concerns, be part of the conversation and answer your questions about Amtrak Guest Rewards. You will also hear from Michael Blakey, Senior Director of Amtrak Loyalty Marketing and members of the Amtrak Guest Rewards support team.

We appreciate the support this forum has shown for Amtrak and the Amtrak Guest Rewards program over the years and welcome your ideas and insight.

See you onboard!

Vicky Radke
Program Manager, Amtrak Loyalty Marketing
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome, Vicky!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Welcome, Vicky (and colleagues)!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Welcome, AGR Insiders! I'm glad to see AGR do this. As you probably know, Starwood Preferred Guest has had their "Starwood Lurkers" for several years. Having them around to answer questions and to assist with problems has made my (and, I expect, many others') experience with SPG that much more enjoyable.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Welcome Vicky and colleagues!!^
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH/Bonvoy Gold, AA, WN CP
That's wonderful news! Welcome AGR Insider! ^^^
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA1K
Welcome Vicky and all!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
again, Welcome Vicky and all Amtrak insiders. We appreciate all that you do!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Welcome aboard, please don't hesitate to post. Your voice/insight is going to be greatly appreciated here. I will leave my laundry list of wants for another time.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:52 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Welcome, Vicky et al! Glad to have an official voice on here.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Agree wholeheartedly with everyone else! Welcome to FlyerTalk, Vicky, Michael, and any other future AGR Insiders!

I sincerely hope you will find this forum a great channel both to provide excellent customer service as well as to solicit feedback and gather information about how to design the AGR program to meet the needs and desires of Amtrak customers--and, most importantly, how to ensure our loyalty and draw new customers to the wonderful world of train-riding!

Let me also take this opportunity to make sure you are also aware of my personal favorite part of FlyerTalk: the community aspect! Getting to meet other FlyerTalkers (from quite literally around the world!) is truly one of the coolest things about being part of this worldwide community. In fact, one very poignant example of this aspect of FlyerTalk is illustrated in the recent Austin, Texas Mega Do, hosted by none other than Starwood Lurker, the official voice of Starwood Hotels/Starwood Preferred Guest on FlyerTalk. In the last couple of years, we've seen "DOs" hosted or sponsored by several great companies--United, Continental, Lufthansa, Starwood, and several others, all of which have resulted in massive amounts of positive PR and tons of valuable dialog between these companies and some of their highest-revenue customers. I personally hope you guys are able to orchestrate something similar someday (but feel free to sit back, relax, and absorb the FlyerTalk culture first--no pressure! ).

Again, welcome on board, and I think I speak for everyone on the forums when I say we look forward to your insights!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:42 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Thanks!

Thank you for kind words and warm welcome. We look forward to helping you improve your AGR experiences and to you helping us make the program better for all members.

See you onboard,

Michael Blakey, Vicky Radke and the AGR Team
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:29 am

Welcome Vicky.

You've already helped me personally last year when my parents had a missed connection on their way to a cruise in Miami. My points were refunded and I am still appreciateve of everything you did.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.