Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Is there a link for the benefits of NZ Amex Plat?
All the various cards are listed here.

The Platinum Charge Card one is a bit vague, but I've previously posted all the benefits on this forum.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Global Transfer, Amex's viewpoint on min. Income?

Hi!

History:
I used the Amex SPG for 4-5 years now and always paid ontime (well, I have a few late charges that ALL GOT reversed since I was outside the country and I called within 2 days). I seldom (once/twice) charge over 80% of my LOC and normally charge about 15-30% of my LOC monthly. If I need to carry my balance over months (only a few times), it was of 30% LOC or so, not mroe.

Situation:
I am now moved back to Hong Kong and asked if I can "transfer" my US Amex to a HK account, Amex offered me something called "Global Transfer Request". Which is to apply a local card based on my US portfolio (?? Credit history? or just information on file? or what?) and a local address proof.

The speical feature of the "Global Transfer is that no income PROOF is required (i.e. those tax payment or account statment proof, which normally required when apply HKG card). but the form DO asked for my job and income information.

The agent told me they normally match the card that I have in another country... so here come the question.

Questions:
1. Anyone have similar experience, how is the process so on?

2. the SPG card have a "Platinum" on it, so it is a Platinim CREDIT card? (I am wishing to apply for the HKG Plat credit card since the benefit justify the fee more than a Gold Charge or Gold Credit card) (sort of like Optima in US, I think)

3. My current income is lower than the min required for a new applicant in Hong Kong, but my income history in the US just OK with that... will they judge base on my current local income or my history since it is a global transfer?

4. Any advice on how I can get a greater success for getting the approval? (say, request for a lower LOC then my current one due to my current income?)

5. Will Amex look favor upon a professional institution membership?

Arrr, seems Amex still wants to set itself different and "special" than Visa and MAster in HKG, the benefit with the US$30/yr Amex SPG USA will cost US$200/yr in HK with a Plat. credit card. Oops.

Many Thanks!!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, American Airlines Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I too am in the same situation. I have a US based Platinum, but I am in Dubai now. I called Amex, but couldn't get a straight answer on keeping the platinum status. Does anyone know what the benefits are for a UAE based AMEX Platinum? I asked for the global transfer desk when I called and no one really knew what that was?. Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill
Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:09 pm

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:07 am

Programs: EBG, BA silver, FB silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Global transfer

Anyone got experience moving coutries with their Centurion?

I'm being relocated to Sweden from the UK. Will not have a UK address anymore, so I guess I'm not going to be able to keep the UK card. Will they let me swap if for a Swedish Centurion instead?

From what I've found the benefits are nowhere near those in the UK, and the fee is higher. Any chance they will lower the fee or let me keep some of the UK benefits?

Cheers

/D
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Try to the International Euro Card

You should consider the International Euro Card, issued out of the UK. Has the same UK benefits, only requires an address in the EU, and I think it costs the same as the other UK cards. That way you don't have to pay currency conversion fees, as everything you will be charging will be in Euros and if you're paid in Euros you're all set.

They have this card in Platinum, Centurion, Gold, and Green flavors. Call Amex for more details.

Best Regards,
Jayzee9
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:42 am

Here is the Website for AmEx's International Euro Currency Card (including, green, gold, platinum, and centurion)

see: http://www.americanexpress.com/icc/personal_main.shtml
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat, UA, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I've recently moved from the UK to the US and done a global transfer, it was quite easy and all you need to do is call up the number for global transfer and they will issue you a new card.

However you do not have to give up your UK card and could just get a platinum in Sweden while keeping your UK Cent. card active.

That's what I've done and it was no problem whatsoever.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:54 am

Programs: EBG, BA silver, FB silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Euro card is probably not going to work out for me as I won't be able to spend or earn Euros in Sweden or UK.

Looks like global transfer to the Swedish Centurion is the best option, anyone have any experience of their services? What's the concierge and travel service like?

I'd be surprised if they offered me a lower fee or let me keep the UK Centurion benefits, right?
Old May 24, 2005, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: co plat
How much is the annuall fee for the nz plat charge card? Thanks
Old May 24, 2005, 5:55 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
NZD$1250. As I said above, all the card's benefits (and the cost) were listed in one of the threads here.
Old May 25, 2005, 2:30 pm
Suspended

That is too much money for a plat card. Perhaps they issue an idc card for less.
Old May 25, 2005, 2:54 pm
Suspended

That is too much money for a plat card. Perhaps they issue an idc card for less.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Global Transfer experiences

I was recently expatriated from the UK to the US and applied for a new Amex Platinum Charge Card using the Global Transfer Program.

Despite not having a Social Security Number (still under application) and a permanent address (I was living in a Corporate apartment) I was issued a card and a supplementary card for my spouse after a quick call to their Customer Service Dept. All in all it took me roughly 20 minutes to give my details.

Both cards were received after about five working days. Kudos to American Express for making this so much easier for me. Nevertheless I will still be keeping my UK card primarily for the free Priority Pass programme.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: amex gold, hhonors gold, spg gold :)
Originally Posted by Mandolin
I was recently expatriated from the UK to the US and applied for a new Amex Platinum Charge Card using the Global Transfer Program.

Despite not having a Social Security Number (still under application) and a permanent address (I was living in a Corporate apartment) I was issued a card and a supplementary card for my spouse after a quick call to their Customer Service Dept. All in all it took me roughly 20 minutes to give my details.

Both cards were received after about five working days. Kudos to American Express for making this so much easier for me. Nevertheless I will still be keeping my UK card primarily for the free Priority Pass programme.
good to hear of a good experience. a dumb question, i am assuming you need to pay annual fee for both UK and US plat cards?

-hchon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.