Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Allvest
Just got an invite for a BMW m4 test drive day!

... In ISTANBUL!!!

Last year Centurion did a BMW M event at a local track near Vancouver. Loads of fun, and only an hour's drive away! They are stepping a little further afield...
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Yes... I for one am giving AMEX the benefit of doubt for the loss of cardmember benefits. I still believe there is more to come but from the sidelines I have been watching and waiting and do not see anything 'interesting' happening yet....
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:52 pm

It has been a long time since Amex offered the 25% bonus when converting to Aeroplan...question of the day is will they be bringing it back or has that gone for good?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyz-kin
It has been a long time since Amex offered the 25% bonus when converting to Aeroplan...question of the day is will they be bringing it back or has that gone for good?
Never say never. It may come back as a perk to replace those perks removed!

ON an entirely different note....

I am happy to say I was able to obtain (at least for one year) Marco Polo Diamond membership with Cathay BEFORE the perk is cancelled March 31st!

Cent concierge confirmed via email that Cathay will send out my package in 2-4 weeks. They also provided the Marco Polo Diamond membership number for me for confirmation.

Happy about this one

Last edited by mia; Mar 28, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:29 am

Wonders may never cease.

So, almost FOUR MONTHS after expiration, the long defunct Offers on the Cent Website have been taken down...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by yyz-kin
So, almost FOUR MONTHS after expiration, the long defunct Offers on the Cent Website have been taken down...
Now you got me going to check the site out to see what they have put up in it's place!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Now you got me going to check the site out to see what they have put up in it's place!
I got on the phone with a supervisor about 3 weeks telling them that I wanted those offers taken down. Just now it seems that they've finally done that..

Haha, don't get your hopes up for new postings...now the page is just empty! Although, in fairness, I get "lifestyle" offers for events happening in Toronto almost weekly...but those unfortunately don't do me much good. They actually called me personally to ask whether I had received an email with an invitation to a free dinner in Toronto and wanted to see if I would be able to attend. I was pretty impressed with that!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tingalex
I got on the phone with a supervisor about 3 weeks telling them that I wanted those offers taken down. Just now it seems that they've finally done that..

Haha, don't get your hopes up for new postings...now the page is just empty! Although, in fairness, I get "lifestyle" offers for events happening in Toronto almost weekly...but those unfortunately don't do me much good. They actually called me personally to ask whether I had received an email with an invitation to a free dinner in Toronto and wanted to see if I would be able to attend. I was pretty impressed with that!
The lifestyle offers suck... most dont even happen in Toronto, and unless you are calling them the instant you get the email from Centurion, your chances of getting into the event is next to nil
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ACfly
The lifestyle offers suck... most dont even happen in Toronto, and unless you are calling them the instant you get the email from Centurion, your chances of getting into the event is next to nil
LOL and what about me that live in the west coast? Most of the events happen in the so called 'centre of the universe' Toronto so by the time I get the time to make it happen, the event is sold out.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Received a good offer today:

BELMOND AND CENTURION ARE DELIGHTED TO INVITE YOU TO ENJOY A $1000 (US) TRAIN OR CRUISE CREDIT + A $500 (US) HOTEL CREDIT ON YOUR NEXT BOOKING

Belmond brings you a collection of inspirational travel adventures and iconic
hotels to revitalize your soul. Each hotel or classic journey is a vibrant part of its destination and local culture, rich with character and welcoming guests with truly personal service.

As a Centurion® member, you can receive a $500 (US) hotel credit at participating properties and a $1000 (US) train or cruise credit1 on participating journeys (based on double occupancy*), when you book and pay using your Centurion Card. These credits can be used separately or together and are valid for bookings from now until June 29, 2014 for travel through June 30, 20142 (blackout dates vary by property). Credit is applicable on all room and train or cruise categories.

$1,000 (US)
TRAIN OR CRUISE CREDIT
Minimum one-night journey required. Credit based on double occupancy.*
+ $500 (US)
HOTEL CREDIT
Minimum one-night stay required.

You can also enjoy your FINE HOTELS & RESORTS privileges with participating hotels2, such as a daily breakfast for two people, a room upgrade at the time of booking†, and additional special benefits††, helping to create the most memorable trip imaginable.

-------
Seeing as there are several Belmont properties across North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa, this is a good offer. Only 1 night stay req'd for the hotel portion, so the $500 could easily give a free night's room at one of their properties.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
has anyone cancelled their centurion card recently?

I have to say that i am finding it difficult to justify keeping my black card:
Lounge benefit cuts
WOW offers fewer and fewer
Hotel benefit cuts-Ritz-Carlton no longer upgraded at booking and no additional credit
Service is terrible all around

I'd be interested in comments
Old May 22, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Prem;DELTA gold;AMEX Cent;AC P;SPG gold;AVIS PC;Hertz gold,Fairmont Plat,HH Diamond,R&C 5C
Marco Polo canceled not good. And I am sure they will not reduce the fee for reduced benefits
Old May 22, 2014, 9:34 pm

WOW it's looking more and more like doom and gloom at the Cent camp.

I'm still going to keep mine though for now
Old May 23, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by galambo
Marco Polo canceled not good. And I am sure they will not reduce the fee for reduced benefits
I got mine extended for another 6 months..... I didn't ask, they just did it. Not complaining!
Old May 23, 2014, 12:51 am

I'm still hoping all these cuts means there is something new coming in the horizon. The Cent is Amex's premier card... they should have top tier benefits for us.

UNLESS... this is a ploy by Amex to make some members drop the Cent as they want the count to go down. Those who only keep it for the benefits will leave and give Amex what they want. Lower Cent card count.

Then when there are less of us around, they will pile the benefits back on and keep the invites low

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.