Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I went to the website, and while it's not as bad as the Chase "desktop=mobile" website, it can't remember my default card, and keeps going back to the wrong card when I hit "home". Very confusing.

Luckily, they asked me to review the website on this visit, so on all the "getting around" and "finding stuff" i gave them very low marks, and in the comments at the end asked them to bring back missing features like ability to choose which card is your default and ability to see all your cards in a drop-down with current balances.
Exactly. I can not "star" a default card that always shows up when I log in. Home page now gives you the OLDEST card you have in this online account. So it always goes back to the OBC that I hardly use the past 2 years, but my frequently used SPG biz card falls to the bottom. I have to go to the My Account to scroll way down to find it.

Why is the display so LARGE?

The "Shop Small" quasi advertisement is super annoying as now the account activity is way down below versus right under the vital information of the card's summary.

I wish I get a feed back form on the visit.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA 9 Million Miler, UA 1K, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Amex Centurion
It's terrible.

I have multiple corporate cards, and the new web site does not identify them by company name, only last 5 of the account number.

Membership rewards info more cumbersome to find...

Snapshot of account, spending, credit, total balance, balance due, etc. also takes more steps to find.

Overall grade D.

The last one was perfectly fine, why "fix" it?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:14 pm

I may be wrong but it looks like they removed the little info button to see how many MR points you have pending!!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by the188
Ugh horrible UI. Looks like they are trying to save money and fired everyone but the mobile app team.
So many sites are going to this "Mobile is king" setup. USAA did it to me, now Amex. Even with a "measly" 1080p monitor (Dell now offers a 5K 5120×2880 display), the Amex page is too spread out, too long (instead of widescreen) and too basic.

Originally Posted by Happy
Why is the display so LARGE?

The "Shop Small" quasi advertisement is super annoying as now the account activity is way down below versus right under the vital information of the card's summary.
Yeah, the Shop Small getting in the way of the recent activity is the most annoying part of it - I can learn to deal with the inefficient layout and ugly fonts, but when you put an advertisement ahead of usefulness, it's gone too far.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I have one word for the new design: disgusting. I liked the old one so much better. This one is less "intuitive."
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I don't see a way to easily get to my additional cards.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mhdena
I don't see a way to easily get to my additional cards.
What do you mean by additional cards in this context?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I have additional cards for PRG, Everyday, Simply Cash and SPG on the same login, but only see the main cards not the additionals. If i go to the manage card section to remove a card they're all listed there. I have no way to see the additional cards to add offers to now under this layout.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by slm9555
I may be wrong but it looks like they removed the little info button to see how many MR points you have pending!!
This is really irking me. Its one thing for a new design. However, Amex removed information.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slm9555
  • login to americanexpress.com
  • click: [Explore Rewards]
  • click: [xxxxxxx Points]
  • click: Points Summary
  • click: Summary tab
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
  • login to americanexpress.com
  • click: [Explore Rewards]
  • click: [xxxxxxx Points]
  • click: Points Summary
  • click: Summary tab
That is still an option but it's much worse than how it used to be to get a quick glance at your pending points from the main dashboard. Also, did the older site have more up to date pending points?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Absolute crap. Reminds me of a mobile website which I hate.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Its not just bad design - it has lot of incorrect info
-last login date - December 1969 (I was not even born!)
-The Amex offer referral amounts are incorrect
-Its crashed on me few times today
-it didnt display the autopay setup on one of my cards.

Used the classic url and thankfully everything looked okay!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Updated just to update it seems. Even the 'pending' charges is in an odd place. If you click statements and activity it goes to the latest statement period, not the most recent time period. What an odd thing to do.

Oh well. Sure like any update we will all get used to it.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I'm okay with the website, actually, but then again, I'm used to using the AmEx app on my phone. One thing that would be nice now is being able to set a different card as default, like what others have already mentioned.

Also, the accounts list probably doesn't need to take up the entire browser window on a laptop or desktop when opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.