Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Macosty
It has been 8 weeks since my MR were awarded but are still frozen. Filed the complaint this morning - I will let you all know what the response is.
Got the CFPB back today and they released my MR - did a test transfer and it went through! Seems like CFPB is the way to go.

Never had any points deducted just frozen.

Last edited by Macosty; Aug 26, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Got the CFPB back today and they released my MR - did a test transfer and it went through! Seems like CFPB is the way to go.

Good on ya!

Glad to see its working for ppl.

My friend and his wife both are frozen. He just got his cfpb reply today and it was again the boilerplate letter they had sent my wife

So he has used her final letter to email the exec listed. Hope it works for them. He has 100 frozen and she had 100 plus another 120k she already had in there from older stuff also frozen.

Very frustrating
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:08 pm

any recent clawbacks in past 2 / 3 days?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:13 pm

Congrats! did you wait for 8 weeks and then file for CFPB? Mine posted about a month ago, no clawback so far but still frozen, so wondering if I should do something now. Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:18 pm

My parents got theirs frozen along with 100k+ from previous cards. Filed CFPB a few days ago and was able to get it unfrozen.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
My parents got theirs frozen along with 100k+ from previous cards. Filed CFPB a few days ago and was able to get it unfrozen.
Anyone who had success with cfpb and now can use points care to share the text of amex' response? My friend is wondering what to do--he has since fired off an email to an exec
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in the meantime, read this thread I posted which has nothing to do with MR, but can be fun...it's just in a section of this forum that gets no visitors:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...st-2016-a.html
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by wwhh85
Congrats! did you wait for 8 weeks and then file for CFPB? Mine posted about a month ago, no clawback so far but still frozen, so wondering if I should do something now. Thanks!
Yeah I sent it out 8 weeks to the day from when they posted. But if you are thinking of canceling if they don't give them to you - you may want to try now before the AF rules change.

I made sure to break down my purchases for them in the complaint...total swipe amount, return amount, and amex credit amount. It is something you will want to do so they can not claim returns etc.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Anyone who had success with cfpb and now can use points care to share the text of amex' response? My friend is wondering what to do--he has since fired off an email to an exec
Mine just said they had completed their review and the points had been released.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:02 am

I made sure to break down my purchases for them in the complaint...total swipe amount, return amount, and amex credit amount. It is something you will want to do so they can not claim returns etc.
^

Yup, this is what my parents did. Barely over 3k after all the amex credit. Took about 3 business days.
If your points are frozen, shoot off a complaint, and you should get something back before Aug 31, at that point, you can decide to cancel the card and recoup some of the annual fee in case they go crazy.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine just said they had completed their review and the points had been released.
ok, thanks.

Anyone else? One could OCR or redact and scan and post here too. Love to see the wording.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:47 am

I heard from Amex Membership Rewards regarding the case they opened more than a week ago.

Even though the CFPB response from Amex states that my account has already been reviewed and I'll receive the 100K back in the next few days, MR department told me that it is 'now' under review and my points will be available 8 weeks after the 'review' has ended - with no specific deadline on when it'll end.

They again cited returns and something unclear about payments as well (my outstanding balance is $0 coz no way in hell am I ever paying with a wretched Amex again). I have no frikkin idea what Amex is talking about anymore
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sora_g
I heard from Amex Membership Rewards regarding the case they opened more than a week ago.

Even though the CFPB response from Amex states that my account has already been reviewed and I'll receive the 100K back in the next few days, MR department told me that it is 'now' under review and my points will be available 8 weeks after the 'review' has ended - with no specific deadline on when it'll end.

They again cited returns and something unclear about payments as well (my outstanding balance is $0 coz no way in hell am I ever paying with a wretched Amex again). I have no frikkin idea what Amex is talking about anymore

I would now email the exec contact I mentioned in 749 and 899. Send copies of everything
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I would now email the exec contact I mentioned in 749 and 899. Send copies of everything
Thanks for that info! I will take you up on that advice if the clawback isn't reversed in the coming week like the CFPB response promised.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Looks like everyone who had their points frozen is seeing success. What about people like me who never had their points frozen and just experienced a 100K clawback?

To reiterate, i was told corporate had finished the review of my account and decided that I had made returns and clawed back my points. Again, no returns on my account but a 2.4K gc.com charge. Another $1700 in organic spend. Filed cfpb on Thursday night. No response yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.