Wiki Posts
Search

UK Amex Travel Insurance Missed Flight Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK-BA-HH-Amex Plat-Gold KLM Starwood
Question UK Amex Travel Insurance Missed Flight Dilemma

I was coming back from Pak with my family of 3 kids n wife, and due to current political situation roads were closed and after a long de-tour reached ISB airport just when when EK flight was leaving tarmac,As I had a 6 days stop over in DXB with a booking of holiday resort. I traveled with an other airline to get to Sharja and took a taxi to get to my holiday resort in Dubai, as well as EK could not guarentee 5 seats on next day flight or day after that. After my 6 day break when i got to EK desk@ DXB I was told my tickets are not valid and had to pay more money for the ticket price to get home.I bought all ticket from start to end with Amex Gold, and also have Amex Prestige 90 AMT insurance also, my question is what i can claim on Amex card and what on Amex insurance?

I have been reading a lot of reviews on line and it does not look good as far as AXA insurance is concerned. It has a lot of bad reviews.

Last edited by mia; Aug 16, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In which country is your American Express card account issued?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

It is issued in UK, Original travel ticket were booked with EK UK directly, n paid with Amex
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When OP missed his first segment, the remainder of the ticket was cancelled. Whether the ticket retained any value is a matter of the fare rules.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Original ticket was not visible on EK check in agent system so had to go to Reservation and was told to travel on,I have to pay the fare difference. Which I paid with Amex.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:57 am
Original Poster

My question is What i should claim on Amex Gold card and What part should be claimed on Insurance?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Do you have an proof of the road closures?

Cancelling the rest of the ticket after you no-show on one leg is quite normal, so you can't really complain about EK doing that. As for the original delay, it's unlikely that a travel insurance provider will cover a "whoops, I missed my flight" without some sort of proof that it wasn't your fault
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Apart from news articles and my tweets nothing else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.