Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$200 airline fee reimbursement reports: Air Canada only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG

I want to know if there is any Gift Card options with Air Canada that can be used to obtain the AMEX 200$ credit.

Has anyone been able to receive airline fee reinbursement for Air Canada expenses?

Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If your card is issued in the USA, Air Canada expenses are not eligible for this program.

If your card is issued in Canada, the $200 benefit is entirely different and requires booking travel through Platinum Travel Service. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...29-2012-a.html
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I have a colleague who claims he got his $200 travel credit without booking through AmexTravel. He just paid for a couple of hotel stay with his Plat card. Has anyone else experienced this buying an airline ticket (or something else eligible) this way and not through Amex Travel?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Note in Canada to use the credit, you have to call Amex Travel and they have to send you a form to sign to opt in and send it back. Also, the travel has to be over $200 or it will NOT be credited.

You also have to booked by phoning in and not through the website, else the credit won't kick in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.