Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex (USA) - $5 statement credit for each $25+ at BP through 12/31/13

Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:07 am
Original Poster

This appeared in the offers for you section online. The statement credit is for each $25 purchase, NOT a one time statement credit. Essentially gives you up to 23% off gas at BP for the remainder of the calendar year.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
This appeared in the offers for you section online. The statement credit is for each $25 purchase, NOT a one time statement credit. Essentially gives you up to 23% off gas at BP for the remainder of the calendar year.
Thanks. FWIW, this showed up for me only for my Simply Business card.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:51 am

This deal is not just for the Amex BCP - you can add it to all Amex cards, including Amex-branded cards such as Fidelity Amex. You can also add to AU cards as long as they have different card numbers from the primary account.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is also a less lucrative Exxon/Mobil one time deal, $5 statement credit for $30 spend.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rifleman940
This deal is not just for the Amex BCP - you can add it to all Amex cards, including Amex-branded cards such as Fidelity Amex. You can also add to AU cards as long as they have different card numbers from the primary account.
To do so, you must have individual card listed under separate log in.

The offer would show up under Each card but if the cards are all under same log in, once you add the offer to one card, the offer disappears from the rest of the cards under same log in. People have discovered this from the $25 credit on $75 purchase from Staple.

If your cards are all under separate log in (few people would) or if you dont mind to go thru the trouble to delete cards from existing set up and re-register them one by one, then you would have offer attached to each card that is under its own log in.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

What is the point of adding the BP offer to other cards if the offer is unlimited?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Also, be sure to sign up for BP's rewards program: https://bpdriverrewards.com/index/
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
What is the point of adding the BP offer to other cards if the offer is unlimited?
It hasn't yet been verified that the deal is unlimited, although the terms indicate that it is. I'm thinking that the "each time" verbiage in the offer is an error that Amex will try not to honor. I saved PDF copies and screenshots of the deal to dispute it with Amex customer service later if they try to give me only 1 $5 credit.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to add the offer to multiple cards.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:59 pm

How do I get these offers added to my SPG?
No offers have shown up for me ever (new card holder).
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:16 pm

I tried this and the BP station by our house doesn't show up as "BP". Rather it posts as something like "GAS MART #12". I will be calling to see about this. If this can work for us, this could be a big money maker for the rest of the year.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
do they sell anything MS-compatible like GC?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by xoxx
Go to https://sync.americanexpress.com/ and sync your card with Twitter. Tweet #AmexBP and Amex should confirm that the offer is added to your account. You can also do it through Facebook but I've only used the Twitter method.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rifleman940
It hasn't yet been verified that the deal is unlimited, although the terms indicate that it is. I'm thinking that the "each time" verbiage in the offer is an error that Amex will try not to honor. I saved PDF copies and screenshots of the deal to dispute it with Amex customer service later if they try to give me only 1 $5 credit.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to add the offer to multiple cards.
I trust the terms would govern the reward. It said EACH transaction. Making screenshot is a good measure for precaution that is for sure.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xoxx
It takes a few months for the new SPG would see offers online.

Originally Posted by pier11
Even if it is a possibility, the code of transaction may be different from gas purchase than other stuff. People have found this out with the 7-11 which seems to code it as a Level III - meaning the card issuer can see exactly what you are buying.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
The terms say it is only good for purchases made at the pump.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.