Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
You shouldn't be sitting on pins and needles. You should call the reconsideration line now and explain why you want to and think you should be approved. I did that for both my SPG and MB Platinum, and in the latter instance it turned that that although my application was still being considered at the time, the CSR was able to manually approve it. The SPG was already approved by the time I called.
Good suggestion, I did that when I applied for SPG Business (actually they wrote something in their interim response telling me I HAD to call them) and when I called them they said they had already approved it. But the current round is for my husband and he's not a caller.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Applied yesterday through the Amazon.com link. Got pending. Today AMEX called and just needed to confirm my address. Got approved and verified the 75000 points after 10K spend with the rep. ^
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by coolguy100
interesting finding. since when ebay and amazon have begun to sell credit card application links?
They are not selling application links, they both just had this card offer advertised on their sites and when you clicked on the ads it took you to the page on their site explaining the offer and then from there you clicked a link to the Amex app page.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Correct, but I'm sure they're getting a commission for each click and approved application.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
Good suggestion, I did that when I applied for SPG Business (actually they wrote something in their interim response telling me I HAD to call them) and when I called them they said they had already approved it. But the current round is for my husband and he's not a caller.
The "approved" email came this morning! Guess they just needed a little time to mull it over.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:12 am

Forgive my MR newbie-ness, but I seem to recall from cancelling Amex cards in the past, hearing in the recorded disclaimer that cancelling your card can result in forfeiting MR points. Is this accurate or no? Don't want to get hit with the annual fee next year..
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
...cancelling your card can result in forfeiting MR points. ..
Yes. Read here:

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...NTCANCELLATION
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
The "approved" email came this morning! Guess they just needed a little time to mull it over.
Emboldened by this success, this morning he applied for the AMEX personal Hilton card ... again got the "deferred" response .... five minutes later the approval email showed up! Guess AMEX likes him ... still waiting to hear from Chase and Barclays.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:50 am

Uh-oh... I had the PRG card with 5 family members as additional card holders for over a year. I did this offer, and got the card on Tuesday. Yesterday I added 2 of the same family members as employee card holders, and today I attempted to add 2 more of the remaining family at the same time. Instead of the "approved" messages I used to get, I got a "you must call us in order for us to process this" type of message. It gave me a number, but I accidentally navigated away from the page losing the number forever. Has anybody had this experience before? Why would they want to talk to me? Does anybody have the number?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jandersinc
Correct, but I'm sure they're getting a commission for each click and approved application.
For sure they are getting a kick-back for each approved application - they wouldn't be advertising it for their health . They may also be getting a fee for the actual ad on their sites on various pages and positions, But, that's not the same as selling the links, which they weren't doing.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:36 pm

Do you need to have an actual business to get the business card and 75,000 sign up bonus? My husband recently retired and we no longer have a business license.
thanks,
Felicity
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
FYI I just received my new AMEX Business Rewards Gold card yesterday, and lo and behold today I get a targeted offer for the same card. But the targeted offer is for 50,000 MR points for spending $5000 by November 19th. So in this case it seems the public offer was better than the targeted offer. I found this interesting...
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by felicity5
Do you need to have an actual business to get the business card and 75,000 sign up bonus? My husband recently retired and we no longer have a business license.
thanks,
Felicity
No, you don't - you just use the social security number again where it says tax ID number. This offer is however no longer available, but you will know for the future.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:02 pm

Sent a secure message to ask AMEX to confirm the promotion; the reply was prompt but the math is a tad confusing ....

"Response (R..... B....._MR)
Dear Mr. GoGreen,

I will be glad to assist a valued Cardmember like you regarding the promotion associated with your Gold Card.

I see that you were offered 75,000 points for spending $10,000.00 in the first 4 months of Cardmembership.

Your Card account was opened on June 28, 2012. Therefore, four months timeframe will end on November 28, 2012.

I also noticed that you have been a valued Cardmember since 2006. We appreciate your loyalty and it has been a privilege to serve you since then.
Sincerely,

R.... B......
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services"

One thing is clear: 10K must be spent. Yikes. Chase card also arrived today, I like the first purchase/55K on that one. Barclays is still pondering.

Edit: Email from Barclays just arrived - approved!

Last edited by GoGreen; Jul 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm Reason: more data
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Looks like it might be back:

http://cc.ebay.com/americanexpress-LTO

But I don't see a date for when it ends. However I just saw this today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.