FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1358602-gold-business-75k-w-10k-spend-not-targeted-expires-6-26-12-a.html)

jandersinc Jun 20, 2012 6:22 am

Gold Business 75k w/ $10k spend - Not targeted expires 6/26/12

Just found a link for a 75,000 point bonus for the Business Gold card.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...ly/44060-286-0

I just got one and confirmed the 75,000 points with $10,000 spend in 4 months and first year fee waived.

mia Jun 20, 2012 6:54 am

Not targeted but note:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.

rionio77 Jun 20, 2012 7:27 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 18788141)
Not targeted but note:

So what is the deal with AMEX's new language? Has anyone spoken to or gotten info on what this new language means? Are cards now churnable as long as you haven't had the same rewards product type in the last 12 months? Or do you get locked out of that bonus again indefinitely?

Does this effectively mean you can get the Biz Gold card today for 75k points, canceling 6 months from now and then apply again 12 months after canceling?

koolr Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am

Originally Posted by jandersinc (Post 18788050)
I just got one and confirmed the 75,000 points with $10,000 spend in 4 months and first year fee waived.

The min spend is a little high for me right now.

mia Jun 20, 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rionio77 (Post 18788296)
... Or do you get locked out of that bonus again indefinitely?

What do you see that suggests this interpretation?

koolr Jun 20, 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rionio77 (Post 18788296)
So what is the deal with AMEX's new language? Has anyone spoken to or gotten info on what this new language means? Are cards now churnable as long as you haven't had the same rewards product type in the last 12 months? Or do you get locked out of that bonus again indefinitely?

Does this effectively mean you can get the Biz Gold card today for 75k points, canceling 6 months from now and then apply again 12 months after canceling?

Technically, that is what it means... churnable every 12 mos.

pianistat Jun 20, 2012 9:33 am

Love the bonus. Don't think I can make the spend :(

MissMiles Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

just applied and got approved... so happy =)

MSYnola Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

If I received the personal gold card (w/ 75k points) less than a year ago, I should still be eligible for this, right?

Long Islander Jun 20, 2012 10:25 am

Originally Posted by MSYnola (Post 18789332)
If I received the personal gold card (w/ 75k points) less than a year ago, I should still be eligible for this, right?

That's how I read it. Unfortunately, I closed out my Bus Gold (which came with 75k points) in March, so I'm not eligible.

mia Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am

Originally Posted by MSYnola (Post 18789332)
If I received the personal gold card...

Personal cards should have no bearing on eligibility for the bonus.

FederalFlyer Jun 20, 2012 10:45 am

Not targeted but note:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.

So if I have a Personal Platinum Card account that is currently open, but NOT a Business Gold, Business Green or Business Platinum Card account, I should still qualify for these points?

Edit: Nevermind. Already answered above. Thanks Mia.

highgear Jun 20, 2012 10:57 am

Anyone know the rule on getting 2 AMEX cards at once? Thinking about signing up for this one (business card) and then I got an offer mailed to me for a personal card with 50k bonus points w/ 1k spend and no first year annual fee.

Will AMEX generally approve a personal and business card? Any strategies? Apply both back to back or wait a few days between apps?

Thanks in advance!

steventravel Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

Originally Posted by highgear (Post 18789686)
Anyone know the rule on getting 2 AMEX cards at once? Thinking about signing up for this one (business card) and then I got an offer mailed to me for a personal card with 50k bonus points w/ 1k spend and no first year annual fee.

Will AMEX generally approve a personal and business card? Any strategies? Apply both back to back or wait a few days between apps?

Thanks in advance!

Generally Yes, YMMV, I like to apply at the same time and hit the submit button at the same time. Many people have reported that it doesn't matter. Call me superstitious.

r.brown Jun 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Not targeted but note: Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.

I currently have the Platinum Business CREDIT card. I would assume I still qualify since I have CREDIT and not charge card currently on the business side.

My credit card version has $0 annual fee and is no longer offered - I have had it for about 10 years.

It currently is branded on the web site as Business Membership Rewards® Card with a $75 / annual fee but when I login to my account it says "Platinum Business Credit Card". I have been grandfathered in.

Thoughts? Their wording specifically says "Platinum Card®" so I take that as they are specifically referring to their charge card which goes by that name.