Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by xlargela
Confirmed, two separate products. I currently have personal Platinum, applied for MB Plat and received 50k MR bonus.
Do you have $250 airline credit per year for this MB Plat card?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:34 pm

Does the MB Platinum card get you the various Amex Plat benefits, like access to the Centurion lounge, the boingo benefit, etc.?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by wagon297
Do you have $250 airline credit per year for this MB Plat card?
Yes^
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Does the MB Platinum card get you the various Amex Plat benefits, like access to the Centurion lounge, the boingo benefit, etc.?
Yes, all regular plat benefits, plus Merc benefits, all for an additional $25 annual fee.

I just got 20K points for renewal, that equates to the $475 fee for me^
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Hi, Once you spend the $5K, do you receive the $1K certificate in the mail? Or do you have to register for it somewhere?

Thank you for the help.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by 141park
Hi, Once you spend the $5K, do you receive the $1K certificate in the mail? Or do you have to register for it somewhere?

Thank you for the help.
It's automated, have received mine in the past within a couple of weeks of hitting the 5K^
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
It's automated, have received mine in the past within a couple of weeks of hitting the 5K^
Hey Thank you. When you mean automated, it appears online or through the mail?

Thank you again
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:32 pm

Hey Thank you. When you mean automated, it appears online or through the mail?

Thank you again
they mail it to you^
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:54 am

they mail it to you^
Thank you again. Usually does the spend of $5,000 trigger it alone or does the statement have to close first with the $5,000?

Thanks for everything
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:52 am

Thank you again. Usually does the spend of $5,000 trigger it alone or does the statement have to close first with the $5,000?

Thanks for everything
i can't recall if the spend triggers it, or the payment? there's a dedicated number you can call to ask if you want, but i do recall they have arrived in the mail pretty quickly, within a week or two^
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:12 pm

Thanks for everything
you may also consider, if you haven't already, a Star membership, gets you $500 stackable discount, need to have been a member for a year, they issue a certificate by email, also, UA mileageplus Club Visa card, gets you various discounts by model, also 25K UA points for second hand models, negotiate your best price, can use Truecar, then once you get your best price, give them all your discounts^
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:17 pm

you may also consider, if you haven't already, a Star membership, gets you $500 stackable discount, need to have been a member for a year, they issue a certificate by email, also, UA mileageplus Club Visa card, gets you various discounts by model, also 25K UA points for second hand models, negotiate your best price, can use Truecar, then once you get your best price, give them all your discounts^

Thank you for the heads up. I had already worked out a price and custom ordered a new GLE. Then I realized the Amex Mercedes Card gives 5X on the purchase. I then realized that there is a $1,000 certificate. So, I quickly spent $5,000 on it. Now just waiting on that certificate to apply to the purchase!! Just paid the CC for the $5,000 on it. Hopefully I don't have to wait for the statement to close on the certificate.

Dealer agreed to take a CC for entire purchase, so that works out good also.

Will definitely keep your suggestions in mind for a future purchase.

Thank you again.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:29 pm

Thank you for the heads up. I had already worked out a price and custom ordered a new GLE. Then I realized the Amex Mercedes Card gives 5X on the purchase. I then realized that there is a $1,000 certificate. So, I quickly spent $5,000 on it. Now just waiting on that certificate to apply to the purchase!! Just paid the CC for the $5,000 on it. Hopefully I don't have to wait for the statement to close on the certificate.

Dealer agreed to take a CC for entire purchase, so that works out good also.

Will definitely keep your suggestions in mind for a future purchase.

Thank you again.
actually i was confusing the UA discount with the ABA, the American Bar Association, you don't have to be an attorney to join.

check it out, worth your while. it's not too late.

http://www.americanbar.org/membershi.../mercedes.html

http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf

Save $500 to $3,500 on purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.
Apply now to receive your ABA incentive. Please allow up to 48 hours for Mercedes to process your enrollment form. Mercedes will contact you directly, via email, once your enrollment has been processed.

For additional program details, call Mercedes-Benz corporate at 866-628-7232.

actually the only model i can't see on the PDF is the GLE, 2.5K discount for the GLA, and the M class
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:10 am

actually i was confusing the UA discount with the ABA, the American Bar Association, you don't have to be an attorney to join.

check it out, worth your while. it's not too late.

http://www.americanbar.org/membershi.../mercedes.html

http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf

Save $500 to $3,500 on purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.
Apply now to receive your ABA incentive. Please allow up to 48 hours for Mercedes to process your enrollment form. Mercedes will contact you directly, via email, once your enrollment has been processed.

For additional program details, call Mercedes-Benz corporate at 866-628-7232.

actually the only model i can't see on the PDF is the GLE, 2.5K discount for the GLA, and the M class
Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by xlargela
Confirmed, two separate products. I currently have personal Platinum, applied for MB Plat and received 50k MR bonus.
Just wanted to confirm that when you got the MB Plat, your points from your regular Plat showed up in the same account. I have seperate online accounts for my Plat and the MB Plat that I just got. However, the points from my Plat are showing up in my MB Plat account. Before I go and spend $3,000 on the MB Plat I wanted to confirm that this is normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.