Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-car-card.html

...and here...

https://carpurchase.amexnetwork.com/
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
very helpful, thankyou
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:20 pm

American Express - Mercedes-Benz

Just today for the first time I saw an ad on the web for an AX-Mercedes-Benz card. Is this brand new on the market? Does anyone have any insight about this card? Annual fee is $95. Looks pretty sharp.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:24 pm
mia

Moderator action

Moved your post into the established thread. There are two Mercedes products:

• Platinum charge card, $475
  • Credit card, $95

Most of the interest and discussion has been in the charge card.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:45 am

we had a MB plat a few yrs ago, specifically to mitigate overage mileage on a leased vehicle, that benefit, 2K miles @.25 was $500 , more than the cost of the card, and also a 1K disc towards the purchase of a new vehicle, after that, maybe a year i let the card lapse, as we have business plats, and it was redundant paying the annual fees, so time was up for a new lease recently, and reapplied, yet to receive the 50K sign up bonus, has anyone had any experience similar to the regular plat, of calling in and having a higher sign up bonus applied? i can't recall seeing any higher numbers mentioned, and think we received 50K last time round, but wld kick myself, if there were more lucrative offers about, any input appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
we had a MB plat a few yrs ago,... reapplied, yet to receive the 50K sign up bonus, ...
You are not eligible for any bonus because you have held this card before:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had a Platinum Card® account enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You are not eligible for any bonus because you have held this card before:
understood, i should have explained better, the one from a few years back was in my wife's name, the one i took out recently was in mine, so no problems there.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:35 pm
mia

Thank you for the clarification. 50,000 points is the only bonus I recall for this card, but I would be delighted to be wrong.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the clarification. 50,000 points is the only bonus I recall for this card, but I would be delighted to be wrong.
thks Mia, i too, wld be delighted if in this instance you were wrong i've not seen any other offer than the 50K either, still a great product/benefits if buying/leasing Mercs, little off topic, but for Merc buyers, the Star magazine also gets you a stackable $500 discount off purchase/lease.

http://www.mbca.org/
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Does anyone know if these cards can be used to pay MBFS (Mercedes Financial Services) on an existing loan? I financed the car last year and put the max allowed but the dealer for credit cards ($6k) down on my SPG Amex at the dealer, financing the rest.

I'd definitely be willing to get this card for 5X on the remaining balance, and it would I think make up for the .25% off my rate I get for auto-debiting my bank...
you can cancel the auto debit after two months, and retain the disc. Also worth noting, if leasing, and you exit prior to lease expiring, any unpaid payments can be paid to MBFS on the card, as well as for miles overage etc
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
it won't see leonard016's quote above

you can pay MB lease payments by visa/mastercard through chargesmart.com. it cost $12.95 per payment. the lease on my gl450 is $982 a month so this can actually make sense to me. i have also wondered what would happen if i simply pre-paid say a quarter or 6 months at a time to reduce the fee load. maybe i will give it a try to see what happens. at $12.99 it is basically costing me about 1.3 cents per unit, so for say chase ba which earns 1.25 miles per cent spend it's not a bad option
if you were going to try something like chargesmart, i'd suggest an alternative, you can do a one payment lease at a dealership that accepts amex, on say a GL or payment around the $900 monthly mark, the payment drops by around $100 a month, so say a 36 month lease becomes 3.6K less expensive, you also get the tax deduction up front, and get the 5 points per $ spent.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
I can report our experience. We had an AMEX personal platinum card which we closed down a year and a half ago. We applied and were approved for the Mercedes card in April. We put the required spend on the card in April and were immediately given the 50,000 reward points in April.
ANyone else has a data point? The one above is a bit old, before AMEX changed some of their terms. I have had the personal platinum, opened jan 2012, closed jan 2014. Is the MB Platinum considered a different card or not?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by davinci1
ANyone else has a data point? The one above is a bit old, before AMEX changed some of their terms. I have had the personal platinum, opened jan 2012, closed jan 2014. Is the MB Platinum considered a different card or not?
i believe it is, but you can call and ask to confirm, i see others refer to the MB Plat personal card, it only comes as a personal card, they don't issue as a business or corp version.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:21 am

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, you can have an Amex Platinum and a Mercedes-Benz branded Amex Platinum (both personal cards), at the same time.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:17 am

The $200 credit, is it per calendar year or per 12 months ? I need an AMEX card to apply and has no intention of buying Benz. If this is per calendar year, thinking of applying this for $400 (Gift card?) credit to justify the $450 annual fee/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.