Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold [Ends 2015, then 50% Fast Track]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold [Ends 2015, then 50% Fast Track]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Clipper801
and unfortunately, Amex has not replaced it with something else equivalent/similar.
Which is unfortunate.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Hemel
Any follow up on this?

My membership is up at the end of Jan and I managed to fly 30,052 (!) miles so I would also like to know if there's anything I need to do from my end.

Thanks
Sorry for the delay in responding - got busy over the holidays and forgot about this.

After some back and forth emails and sending a copy of the offer letter and them confirming that my amex platinum account was still active, I received the following email:

"This is to confirm that your complimentary membership will be renewed at
Gold tier status on 31 December 2014. On renewal, all your Club miles
and sectors will be reset to zero and a new membership period will
begin. To retain your Gold membership tier status, you will need 60,000
Club Miles or 40 Club Sectors within your new membership period."

I have not received a new card yet with a new expiry date, but when I log on to my account it does show gold status expiring 31 December 2015, and I was given Oneworld Sapphire status benefits flying on January 5th, 2015 which was after the original expiry.

It does appear that the 50% fast-track offer was a one time soft-landing thing. I will shift earning to US/AA, though I don't think I will earn the same level of status this year without a fasttrack unfortunately. All of my sectors were earned on US/AA - no cx or dragon sectors were required. I think that is only the minimum to retain Silver.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:37 am

Really?

Uggh.. SO even if I decided to go after Marco Polo club points, it would only be valuable for the first year. I have to double check my paperwork, but I believe I was offered 60,000 points for emerald fast track. I have no use for asia/pacific flights and so AAdvantage points go much much further for me for panamerican flights.

If the 50% fast track would continue year after year then there may have been some value. Certainly not for only one year with asia miles that I'll not likely use.

-Dan

Originally Posted by ajpaterson
Sorry for the delay in responding - got busy over the holidays and forgot about this.

After some back and forth emails and sending a copy of the offer letter and them confirming that my amex platinum account was still active, I received the following email:

I have not received a new card yet with a new expiry date, but when I log on to my account it does show gold status expiring 31 December 2015, and I was given Oneworld Sapphire status benefits flying on January 5th, 2015 which was after the original expiry.

It does appear that the 50% fast-track offer was a one time soft-landing thing. I will shift earning to US/AA, though I don't think I will earn the same level of status this year without a fasttrack unfortunately. All of my sectors were earned on US/AA - no cx or dragon sectors were required. I think that is only the minimum to retain Silver.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:29 pm

Received my December 2015 renewal card today with accompanying letter confirming the 60k miles/40 sector Gold renewal requirements for the new year. I'll likely be collecting AA miles/sectors this year, but I'll be happy for the status this will provide while I'm doing it.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: MP,QFF,HH,SPG
Received my December 2015 renewal card today with accompanying letter confirming the 60k miles/40 sector Gold renewal requirements for the new year. I'll likely be collecting AA miles/sectors this year, but I'll be happy for the status this will provide while I'm doing it.
Does it mean they are stopping the discount? Do you mind uploading the letter? Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by diesellife
Does it mean they are stopping the discount? Do you mind uploading the letter? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...dk0&authuser=0

It appears to be a standard Gold renewal letter with no Amex offer reference at all any more, which is what leads me to believe the fast-track was a one time thing.

Last edited by ajpaterson; Jan 21, 2015 at 7:57 am Reason: Added image link
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: MPC GO
Thanks for the response.

Looks like it's time to cancel my Amex then, as MPC was the only thing that was keeping me from cancelling.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:09 pm

Thank you AJ. This is truly a disappointment....
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
So I got busy and didn't get to calling CX (or AMEX) to make sure that they the record of the 30000miles fast track renewal on my file. My GO was set to expire on Jan31. Logged in this morning and thankfully I was renewed to GO was this year. I had about 36000 club miles all on CX.

I will post my renewal letter once I have got it, but right now I am thankful that I get to keep the GO for another year.

Thanks ajpaterson by the way for your reply earlier on.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: MPC GO
Originally Posted by etkuo
So I got busy and didn't get to calling CX (or AMEX) to make sure that they the record of the 30000miles fast track renewal on my file. My GO was set to expire on Jan31. Logged in this morning and thankfully I was renewed to GO was this year. I had about 36000 club miles all on CX.

I will post my renewal letter once I have got it, but right now I am thankful that I get to keep the GO for another year.

Thanks ajpaterson by the way for your reply earlier on.
Exactly the same thing with me. My expiry date Jan 31 and I have yet to receive the renewal letter and new card, but according to cx website, I'm MPGO until 2016
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
....indeed...flying to attain status? What a novel concept
Update - Gold status renewed for another year with my completing fast track requirements
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:27 am

Did you get the standard renewal letter with no mention of reduce requirement for next year?!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Originally Posted by diesellife
Did you get the standard renewal letter with no mention of reduce requirement for next year?!
Yup, last year's fast-track offer was a one-off
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Rumours are the Canadian Cent might get an airline benefit this year.

Any hopes for Plat?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Rumours are the Canadian Cent might get an airline benefit this year.
Rumours, or just speculation? We were rumoured to be getting some new benefit in 2014 as well, and that did not happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.