Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold [Ends 2015, then 50% Fast Track]

Old Jul 15, 11, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Just got a form from AMEX Singapore in the post. Singapore Platinum cardmembers may apply for complimentary Marco Polo Gold.

I suppose it's an extension of the Centurion / Marco Polo Diamond programme.
Old Jul 16, 11, 6:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Interesting. Did you have to call them or sign up online?
I am about to shift from Singapore to traveling a bunch and was contemplating canceling my card. The Gold status would be nice to have on CX as I feel the card is lacking in many other ways in terms of delivering value (comparing to US Plat) other than Raffles Feed.
Old Jul 16, 11, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

the mailer came in the post. no sign up /prompting on my part. the last time i flew CX was about a year ago after falling to Green.
Old Jul 16, 11, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by epigram View Post
the mailer came in the post. no sign up /prompting on my part. the last time i flew CX was about a year ago after falling to Green.
Nothing here yet.. anyone else receiving similar with SG Plat Charge?

epigram: has your status changed on CX or how are you supposed to take advantage to receive the complimentary status?
Old Jul 17, 11, 2:04 am
Original Poster

the mailer comes with a form which you fill up and return to AMEX. the form states that it will take about 6 weeks for the welcome pack from CX to arrive.

my status has not changed - it is still Green
Old Jul 17, 11, 10:26 pm

Programs: ROP/G, *G, SPG/G, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Thai Plat Charge - same offer (came in the post about 2 wks ago)
Old Jul 19, 11, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I got this in the UK today.
Old Jul 19, 11, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL/CCR, HHonors Diamond, IC Amb/PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Swood Gold, Accor Plat
Presumably I am safe to assume I won't get this offer as a HK plat holder?
Old Jul 20, 11, 6:31 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
It seems that this benefit targets the same markets as the Centurion/Diamond offer...

Any news about Germany/Austria/etc.?
Old Jul 21, 11, 5:57 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1 View Post
It seems that this benefit targets the same markets as the Centurion/Diamond offer...

Any news about Germany/Austria/etc.?
And Switzerland?
It seems like we've been carefully left out of this initiative again.
(For both Centurion & Platinum)
Old Jul 26, 11, 6:46 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Just received this offer for my German Amex Platinum.

What is the membership year with CX Marco Polo Club? Calendar Year or from the joining or status achieving date?
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:49 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Anyone in the US yet?
Old Jul 28, 11, 8:43 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by david-alexis View Post
Anyone in the US yet?
This is not a US promotion.
Old Jul 28, 11, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA (Silver), Westjet (Gold), Fairmont (Platinum), Marriott (Gold), Aeroplan
Anyone know if Canadian Plat qualifies for this promo?
Old Aug 1, 11, 4:20 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I'm in the UK, didn't receive anything in the post, and so for my own benefit and also to report back to here, I've done a little research into this.

I phoned the standard platinum cust service number yesterday, and told the CS that a "colleague" who had a plat card had received an offer for Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Gold membership, but I had received no such mailing, and could I avail of it.

Guy, wasn't totally confident about what he was doing, but did find mention of it on his computer. He was reading out the notes that were accessible to him to familarise himself with it, which I could hear as:-

"If client does not mention this offer, do not make client aware of it, however should client be aware, then all platinum members are eligible regardless of whether they get the mailout".

So that was fine, but couldn't find out how to actually sign me up for it, and initally suggested that I make contact with Cathay Pacific (?) then advised that I phone plat travel in the morning (play travel doesn't operate on a Sun). I assumed this was him just getting rid of me, as my understanding of Plat Travel was it was for booking travel only.

Anyhow I phoned them today, and related my experience, and the lady seemed more clued in, again accessed the info, and initially said she could sign me up. However after being put on hold for a moment, she realised that a form needs to be posted out, and has arranged for that to happen. I asked if this was something that plat travel is in charge of, and basically she said that she had access to the info that cust service has, the implication being that cust service should've been able to action this.

In conclusion, the offer is available to all UK platinum charge card holders, regardless of whether you get it in the post or not. You might be able to action it via cust service, or alternatively via plat travel (be warned that I had a good 5-6 min wait for plat travel to answer the phone).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: