5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX (YMMV)

Subscribe
I know is not totally related to miles, but...

5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX (YMMV)
This maybe a targeted offer but it can't hurt to try it.... Good luck

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/iTunes2011/

To be eligible to receive the statement credit, you must register any valid U.S. American Express Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN at amexnetwork.com/iTunes and use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Limit one statement credit per registered Card regardless of the number of transactions made. If your registered Card is replaced, you must re-enroll the replacement Card prior to making the iTunes purchase to get the statement credit. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.
it Works for me indeed!
Stupid website is telling me "Corporat Cards Not Eligible For This Offer" when I enter my business platinum card number (which is specifically included in the terms and conditions)

Whatever, it's only $5......
Quote: it Works for me indeed!
I'm unclear how you know it works when the promo doesn't start until 2/10/11. At least that's the note I got at the top of the linked web page.
Yep. I don't even see a place to enter a card number yet. I call shenanigans on the above posters who claim to have registered.
Quote: ...posters who claim to have registered.
It would not be the first time that American Express prematurely displayed a site, and then withdrew it until the intended effective date.
Quote: Yep. I don't even see a place to enter a card number yet. I call shenanigans on the above posters who claim to have registered.
Worked fine for me yesterday.
Quote: Whatever, it's only $5......
Potentially $6.45 5 * 1.29
Quote: It would not be the first time that American Express prematurely displayed a site, and then withdrew it until the intended effective date.
Yes, the site was there for me too. I was able to enter all my information (even though it didn't allow me to register my business platinum card).

However, when I log back in today it says the promo does not start till tomorrow.

Maybe they will have my issue fixed by then
I was able to register this morning with my Premier Rewards Gold card. I don't carry my Blue with me so I'll have to try that later.

However, I wasn't able to get into the iTunes store, probably because today is the first day that the Verizon iPhone is on sale in B&M stores.

That's also the likely reason for this promo to start today. They want to get as many people as possible to register their AMEX card as the default payment option.
Anyone see anything in the Ts&Cs about how they will determine a music purchase vs. an App purchase?

I'm not sure how they can tell if it was a .99 app vs. a .99 song.
Quote: I'm unclear how you know it works when the promo doesn't start until 2/10/11. At least that's the note I got at the top of the linked web page.
THe website accepts my application, this is all that I meant when i've said that "it works"
I was able to register my Plat and Surpass cards.
Look closely at the T&Cs.

"use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase"

Looks to me like Amex will credit you for 5 songs +tax based on simply a "purchase", i.e. one .99 cent purchase gets you $4.95. YMMV

Andyandy
Quote: Look closely at the T&Cs.

"use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase"

Looks to me like Amex will credit you for 5 songs +tax based on simply a "purchase", i.e. one .99 cent purchase gets you $4.95. YMMV

Andyandy
Songs are mostly $1.29 these days