Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX (YMMV)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

I know is not totally related to miles, but...

This maybe a targeted offer but it can't hurt to try it.... Good luck

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/iTunes2011/

To be eligible to receive the statement credit, you must register any valid U.S. American Express® Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN at amexnetwork.com/iTunes and use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Limit one statement credit per registered Card regardless of the number of transactions made. If your registered Card is replaced, you must re-enroll the replacement Card prior to making the iTunes purchase to get the statement credit. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
it Works for me indeed!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Stupid website is telling me "Corporat Cards Not Eligible For This Offer" when I enter my business platinum card number (which is specifically included in the terms and conditions)

Whatever, it's only $5......
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
it Works for me indeed!
I'm unclear how you know it works when the promo doesn't start until 2/10/11. At least that's the note I got at the top of the linked web page.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Yep. I don't even see a place to enter a card number yet. I call shenanigans on the above posters who claim to have registered.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mreed911
...posters who claim to have registered.
It would not be the first time that American Express prematurely displayed a site, and then withdrew it until the intended effective date.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by mreed911
Yep. I don't even see a place to enter a card number yet. I call shenanigans on the above posters who claim to have registered.
Worked fine for me yesterday.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Whatever, it's only $5......
Potentially $6.45 5 * 1.29
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by mia
It would not be the first time that American Express prematurely displayed a site, and then withdrew it until the intended effective date.
Yes, the site was there for me too. I was able to enter all my information (even though it didn't allow me to register my business platinum card).

However, when I log back in today it says the promo does not start till tomorrow.

Maybe they will have my issue fixed by then
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, AMEX
I was able to register this morning with my Premier Rewards Gold card. I don't carry my Blue with me so I'll have to try that later.

However, I wasn't able to get into the iTunes store, probably because today is the first day that the Verizon iPhone is on sale in B&M stores.

That's also the likely reason for this promo to start today. They want to get as many people as possible to register their AMEX card as the default payment option.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: DL, HH, SPG, AMEX
Anyone see anything in the Ts&Cs about how they will determine a music purchase vs. an App purchase?

I'm not sure how they can tell if it was a .99 app vs. a .99 song.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by dchristiva
I'm unclear how you know it works when the promo doesn't start until 2/10/11. At least that's the note I got at the top of the linked web page.
THe website accepts my application, this is all that I meant when i've said that "it works"
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:47 am

I was able to register my Plat and Surpass cards.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Look closely at the T&Cs.

"use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase"

Looks to me like Amex will credit you for 5 songs +tax based on simply a "purchase", i.e. one .99 cent purchase gets you $4.95. YMMV

Andyandy
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by andyandy
Look closely at the T&Cs.

"use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase"

Looks to me like Amex will credit you for 5 songs +tax based on simply a "purchase", i.e. one .99 cent purchase gets you $4.95. YMMV

Andyandy
Songs are mostly $1.29 these days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.