Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jarusoba
UK, Japan, IDC: 50K + Diamond^
Canada: Diamond, no 50K
USA: No Diamond, no 50K
Dear all,

What about the supplementary card holders?
Please let me know about that.
My wife got the Diamond VIP membership, but no 50k bonus points for HHonors.
However, top tier is really important, I think

thanks,
masahiro
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
For my own experience, my supplementary Centurion's Card Holder do not have the 50K post into his Hilton account, and do not have the Diamond status by now, but maybe in the future...
I let them 2 weeks to make a change to his account and then I will contact them in order to know if it's applied to our others cards holders.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Great thread!

I was just about to call Hilton to inquire as to why I received a blue card 2 weeks ago! I've just checked my account and it says I'm a diamond member! I also did get the 50K bonus points! This will make me change my hotel reservations for this summer as I'm eager to try my luck in a Hilton property to see what diamond status might get me! ^
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fredsxb
Great thread!

I was just about to call Hilton to inquire as to why I received a blue card 2 weeks ago! I've just checked my account and it says I'm a diamond member! I also did get the 50K bonus points! This will make me change my hotel reservations for this summer as I'm eager to try my luck in a Hilton property to see what diamond status might get me! ^
Good for you!

I actually noticed about this in the beginning of April.
I made a reservation the Hilton hotel through Centurion Travel Service.
As you probably know, we can not open the detail of the reservation on the Hilton homepage, when we booked the room through CTS.
So I emailed to HHonors Customer Service Center to obtain the booking confirmation.
They sent my confirmation immediately. When I checked it, I was surprised.
Because I noticed that my status was a diamond member.
When I did log-in on the HHonors website, I also noticed that my wife and I obtained the Diamond VIP membership.
I found the same topic in the Hilton Forum though I had kept silent up to now about this. Additionally, I noticed that Centurion members had been upgraded to Diamond in not only Japan but also other countries. So I wanted to ask a lot of people here.

I would like to enjoy the Diamond benefits at Hilton hotel in the beginning of May. And I will post my impression after stayed at there.
Additionally, I think that our Centurion members are insufficient the top tier for FSP.
We lost the SPG Platinum. But we have a Priority Club Platinum. Unfortunately, PC Platinum is not useful, I think. What do you think?
If Hilton gives the Diamond VIP qualification to all Centurion members, I guess that they can increase a sales more. I hope US Centurion member gets as well.
Anyway, thanks for AmEx and Hilton!

thanks,
masahiro
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: Stuff
If this is as an apology for the Blue issue, why didn't they ring up and explain it? They'd have gotten far, far more customer satisfaction out of me had they done that rather than me finding out by accident.. Still, mouth, gifthorse, look etc..
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Just logged in to check my account which is now Diamond & got the 50k bonus.

This is a crazy promotion since they made no mention of such a promotion after the UK fee increase.

I'm sure some people may have stayed if they knew HHonors Diamond was being offered.

I've also defected from HHonors due to the devaluation and only just booked an ICH which I would have booked @ Hilton if I'd have known about Diamond.

One really does wonder what these folks are up to.

Last edited by pmcg; Apr 25, 2010 at 12:43 pm Reason: edit
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by pmcg
Just logged in to check my account which is now Diamond & got the 50k bonus.

This is a crazy promotion since they made no mention of such a promotion after the UK fee increase.

I'm sure some people may have stayed if they knew HHonors Diamond was being offered.

I've also defected from HHonors due to the devaluation and only just booked an ICH which I would have booked @ Hilton if I'd have known about Diamond.

One really does wonder what these folks are up to.
This isn't related to the fee increase as such. It has been rolled out with no mention via phone or mail at all, it's buried away on the Centurion website that is updated at least once every year (albeit with spelling mistakes). Again if it wasn't for FT, most customers wouldn't know what they are entitled to or what benefits have been removed.

But then marketing intelligence never was AmEx's forte.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:20 am

Gotta love FT.

Thanks to this thread, I peeked at my HHonors account and see I've been upgraded to Diamond, although alas, no 50K points.

Have any of you also received a new Diamond card in the mail? I'm just wondering if I should expect that.

I'm also trying to find out if my husband's account has also been upgraded. He is the supplementary card holder on my Centurion and he has Hilton Gold, but we've never registered his account online and have misplaced his card, so I'm trying to figure out how I can get his account number and check it.

I'm also not certain who to query about the 50K points - AmEx or Hilton?

We have reservations at a Hilton-brand hotel in London next month (Doubletree Courthouse) where we had excellent treatment as Gold last year. Had I known we'd be Diamond, however, I might have tried a different location with an Executive Lounge. I'll be curious if the Doubletree recognizes our Diamond status in any way above that of Gold.

Susan
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
...misplaced his card...
I trust you mean his HHonors card, rather than his Centurion card?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mia
I trust you mean his HHonors card, rather than his Centurion card?
Yes.

Susan
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Gotta love FT.

Thanks to this thread, I peeked at my HHonors account and see I've been upgraded to Diamond, although alas, no 50K points.

Have any of you also received a new Diamond card in the mail? I'm just wondering if I should expect that.

I'm also trying to find out if my husband's account has also been upgraded. He is the supplementary card holder on my Centurion and he has Hilton Gold, but we've never registered his account online and have misplaced his card, so I'm trying to figure out how I can get his account number and check it.

I'm also not certain who to query about the 50K points - AmEx or Hilton?

We have reservations at a Hilton-brand hotel in London next month (Doubletree Courthouse) where we had excellent treatment as Gold last year. Had I known we'd be Diamond, however, I might have tried a different location with an Executive Lounge. I'll be curious if the Doubletree recognizes our Diamond status in any way above that of Gold.

Susan
You should not have to contact anyone in order to get the points credited to your account, most of us, did get the points automatically, so I guess you don't have to make an inquiry for that, just wait and see if your account is upgraded.
Regarding the Supplementary card holder, I don't think that they are entitled to get the points and the upgrade because for my own my supplementary card holder to no get anything, maybe in the future, but not by now.
I've plan to contact Amex at the end of May for that matter, in order to have the right answer, I let them one month because I figured it out that they have so much main centurion card holder to treat so I guess they first upgrade the Main holder and maybe they gonna do the same with the supplementary but by the way I'm not sure.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
I received the 50K and the card earlier this week
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by asimha
I received the 50K and the card earlier this week
anyway the card is really awful! I'd rather prefer the design of the old one
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:35 am

Just received the card today, along with a letter explaining that the 50,000 points and the promotion to Diamond is because of the inadvertent demotion to Blue.

Bit strange as they always send me a Blue card every renewal and then correct it, also nothing on the Centurion site to suggest that's the reason

Presumably if your account shows Diamond then you are due the 50,000 points as well.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
anyway the card is really awful! I'd rather prefer the design of the old one
+1 !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.