Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2017 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
See here: http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

Apparent loss of frequencies affecting inbound traffic to Mexico from Los Angeles ARTCC (ZLA).
Old May 18, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thanks.

Nice work. Thanks. My Googling couldn't find that. They keep telling us it's all airlines but AA seems to be only ones delayed as far as I can see.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Sliver,LH Senator,Emirates Platimium
Good morning
Any info on AA150 Chicago-Paris on May 17th .
It came back at Chicago after two hours .
Thank you
Old May 19, 2017, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
sounds like the new DFW-AMS on-time performance is a mess.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta Plt, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plt, AA
I had a first class ticket on AA 102 from HNL to DFW on 5/16/17. The plane took off and after close to 1 hours flight time, the pilot announced there was an indicator light problem and that he was turning the plane around to return to HNL. The plane was met on the runway by several fire trucks and we stopped short of the gate for them to cool down the brakes and tires. After several minutes, we were towed into the gate. The pilot announced shortly that passengers could deplane, but to stay close to the gate because they expected to repair the problem and take off again. The deplaned passengers were advised to take all their carry on luggage with them. After what seemed like 45 minutes, the flight was cancelled.
We were shuttled to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and given food vouchers. Our stay ended up being 2 nights because I refused to ride in coach or on separate flights. We originally had sleeper seats and ended up with domestic 1st class. I could not sleep on the red eye to LAX and worried the entire flght because I had blood clots in my legs and lungs in January. That is one reason why I booked sleeper seats...to keep my legs elevated.
I realize some things are out of the airlines control and they did give me 15,000 miles. However, I really think I am entitled to more, but want feed back on this. Also, this same plane was cancelled the previous night for engine problems and there were people who went through this 2 nights in a row. I really feel bad for them. I'm not certain, but I think that lane was sidelined because everyone I spoke to were put on a different plane to return home.

I should state that I was traveling on an award flight that was not a saver award.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by ImAllEars
I realize some things are out of the airlines control and they did give me 15,000 miles. However, I really think I am entitled to more, but want feed back on this.
I've had two international cancellations, both at the gate, with resultant 24 hour delays until I got out. In each case I was offered 15,000 unsolicited miles and thought that was fair.

AA doesn't guarantee any particular aircraft configuration and reserves the right to change aircraft. It looks like they offered you options to get out in 24 hours that you found unacceptable, but I can't see how that should require them to put any additional miles on the table.

You might want to read over the compensation thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old May 19, 2017, 12:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by FromGVA
Any info on AA150 Chicago-Paris on May 17th .
It came back at Chicago after two hours .
The flight that departed Chicago on the 18th shows a cancellation due to a maintenance issue. Could you have mixed up the dates? The flight that departed on the 17th arrived in Paris on-time.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
AA 980 DFW-LIM 19 May delayed over 12 hours until 10:30 AM 20 May because of crew availability. Hotel and meal vouchers were provided.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ImAllEars
I could not sleep on the red eye to LAX and worried the entire flght because I had blood clots in my legs and lungs in January. That is one reason why I booked sleeper seats...to keep my legs elevated.
I realize some things are out of the airlines control and they did give me 15,000 miles. However, I really think I am entitled to more, but want feed back on this. Also, this same plane was cancelled the previous night for engine problems and there were people who went through this 2 nights in a row. I really feel bad for them. I'm not certain, but I think that lane was sidelined because everyone I spoke to were put on a different plane to return home.

I should state that I was traveling on an award flight that was not a saver award.
In the future if you are worried about blood clots take a exit row, more room to keep your legs straight and not bent.

As Tom wrote, the airline isn't respond sable to make sure you get lie-flat seats but to get you to your destination in the class of service you paid for. You paid/award in F and you got F. I know it's not fair, but that is what the airlines will do.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta Plt, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plt, AA
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess you are just in a crap shoot when it comes to flying. You never know what you will get. I did ask for an exit row, but on 1 flight it wasn't available. I took the bulkhead, which I hate, in order to have additional space and an easier way out to the aisle. It's a good thing I did, because the aisle seat was occupied by someone who didn't speak English and who managed to sleep most of the 5 hour flight from LAX to ATL.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
AA209, today's ORD-DUB service is, wait for it.....canceled due to aircraft maintenance.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
AA209, today's ORD-DUB service is, wait for it.....canceled due to aircraft maintenance.
SO even in ORD, they didn't have a replacement aircraft even if it meant to be a larger plane, pretty sad.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
sounds like the new DFW-AMS on-time performance is a mess.
I'm not positive that this flight has EVER not been very, very later. How long does a flight have to fail before some sort of adjustment is made?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Was supposed to fly on AA 145 yesterday - LAS-LAX. Was supposed to take off at 725am - eventually got out at 515pm. Total joke. Had U2 tickets so certainly did not have time for that - luckily I was able to grab a late AM SWA flight for $95.

AA Agents said was MX - I was surprised they could not get another plane to LAS over for 10 hours...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Can someone please tell me if AA1209 SMF-DFW on 6/2 is listed as being cancelled due to tech or weather? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.