Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Inflight - Sparkling Water vs Club Soda

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Inflight - Sparkling Water vs Club Soda

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I had some of the sparkling Dasani water on my SAT-DFW-SAN flights last week in coach (both flights were on 321s) so it's definitely now being catered.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis 1st, National Exec Elite
Some may balk (and understandably so if you are expecting club soda) but it has been a welcomed surprise over the past few weeks to be able to get actual seltzer water when I request it. International flights always have still, sparkling, and club soda as the three are different. Also on shorter domestic routes, AA has a knack of not supplying limes which means you drink a Tito's + soda sans lime or a Tito's + lime seltzer. I'll take the latter for the less sodium and flavor.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD-DCA Flyer
I'll have to ask one of the FA's I'm friendly with if they've been asked to push it - because it really feels like that's what's going on.
There is no push encouraged on the part of flight attendants.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy
2 of the new "Dasani sparkling lime" have been added to the the juice/mixer drawer, replacing two of the club sodas.

Attachment 30934
I like the Dasani with lime but because there's so little of it I've been getting half-cans, meaning they have lost carbonation.

I'd accept less variety if it meant getting a full can opened fresh.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
And it is on the menu card as well in a special KO ad.

It is also just got more complicated. AA recently moved its bottle water to the Dasani (label) likely as KO tries to solidify its branding strategy. KO bottled the previous Springs water too, so there is no product or content change, but you are going to have ask for the "Dasani Sparkling Water" and not just "Dasani" or "Sparkling Water". I am still getting some FAs who are not familiar, but that should end really soon...

Rasheed
Old May 21, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by rasheed
And it is on the menu card as well in a special KO ad.

It is also just got more complicated. AA recently moved its bottle water to the Dasani (label) likely as KO tries to solidify its branding strategy. KO bottled the previous Springs water too, so there is no product or content change, but you are going to have ask for the "Dasani Sparkling Water" and not just "Dasani" or "Sparkling Water". I am still getting some FAs who are not familiar, but that should end really soon...

Rasheed
I had to ask for lime seltzer on my last flight before the FA understood what I wanted. I almost ended up with "fizzy wine" ;$
Old May 22, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm three for three since I learned of the Dasani Sparkling Water (DFW-SEA, SEA-DFW, DFW-SFO). I got the whole can each time; it's a great addition
Question though - is this available on Eagle (Mesa) flight as well?
Old May 22, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by AAway
I'm three for three since I learned of the Dasani Sparkling Water (DFW-SEA, SEA-DFW, DFW-SFO). I got the whole can each time; it's a great addition
Question though - is this available on Eagle (Mesa) flight as well?
I get the super pleasant AA FAs in Y who tell me no to full can because they only have two, but so it goes.

UA regional (also Mesa?) has the full beverage kit including this beverage, so it should be on Eagle. It is also month two at this point in terms of catering.

Rasheed
Old May 25, 2017, 4:57 pm

Normally I get a club soda with lime, but on this last flight, I tried the Dasani Sparkling Water for the first time. I won't try it again. It had an artificially sweet taste to it, almost like a Sprite. Back to the club soda.
jhartvu likes this.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Frustrating convo with a FA recently - asked for sparkling water, only to get a puzzled glance. Repeated myself two more times before I was handed a can of club soda. Had to hold up the inflight ad for Dasani, before she said "oh, sparkling water."
Old May 26, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by DCAKen
Normally I get a club soda with lime, but on this last flight, I tried the Dasani Sparkling Water for the first time. I won't try it again. It had an artificially sweet taste to it, almost like a Sprite. Back to the club soda.
The FA slipped me a glass of this week when I asked for club soda with lime. At first I though the lime was rancid or the glass has some sort of soap residue. That Dasani stuff is disgusting with a heavy plastic-limey-taste.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:52 am

I was told the Dasani Sparkling water has been replaced with Sierra Mist by the flight attendant this morning. Obviously the two are not the same, Sierra Mist is a soda.

Is this true or just the case of a lazy flight attendant making things up?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I was told the Dasani Sparkling water has been replaced with Sierra Mist by the flight attendant this morning. Obviously the two are not the same, Sierra Mist is a soda.

I've seen Sierra Mist served when Sprite was requested recently.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter

I would say the latter... Dasani Sparkling Lime was added as an additional offering last year; it was not meant to substitute Sierra Mist.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Lazy FA.

On my EZE-DFW last week, I asked for sparkling water and the FA handed me a can of Dasani sparkling. That was a first, and I was happy about it since they usually put WAY too much ice in the glass, leaving only about 4oz of water, and me in constant need of refills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.