Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: Complimentary Barclays US MC US Club Day Pass - Use in Admirals Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

After AA and US merger, can I use these passes in AA Admiral lounges?

Also I know one does not need to present the paper pass to access the lounge and only needs to let staff know the dividend miles number. I have multiple US mastercards and so I received multiple welcome letters with the pass. I wonder if i have multiple pass "credits" stored in my account? Can anyone please advise how it works (especially after the merger)?

Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
You can use them in admirals lounges now. Not 100% sure how the later would work. I am under the impression only 1 DM account per person and only 1 MasterCard per DM account so you would only get 1 day pass.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Some people can have multiple Barclays USDM MCs - it's very YMMV. I do, my wife cannot.

Regardless, you can have multiple passes on your account and don't need the paper. Just ask the club agent to check your FF account for a pass, and they can tell you how many you have left and what their expiration dates are.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Yes, especially considering that they're all technically Admirals Clubs now. Your passes will expire on March 16, 2016 at the latest.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75k, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Question. I have a day pass from my Barclays card that says US and Admirals. No where on the pass does it say I have to be holding a US/AA ticket. Can I use it if I'm flying same day on another airline?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by seahawkflyer
Question. I have a day pass from my Barclays card that says US and Admirals. No where on the pass does it say I have to be holding a US/AA ticket. Can I use it if I'm flying same day on another airline?
AFAIK, you don't have to be flying; you merely have to have airside access to the terminal or concourse housing the Admirals Club, so it's more about getting airside through security.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by seahawkflyer
So long as you can access the terminal, yes you can use the club.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:03 am

Anyone know if this pass will allow a child in along with my spouse? The pass says two people, but I have had passes with other programs that allowed a spouse and children in the lounge.

I would hate to leave my spouse in the terminal while lounging with my child. j/k :-)
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sbbi
Hi,

After AA and US merger, can I use these passes in AA Admiral lounges?

Also I know one does not need to present the paper pass to access the lounge and only needs to let staff know the dividend miles number. I have multiple US mastercards and so I received multiple welcome letters with the pass. I wonder if i have multiple pass "credits" stored in my account? Can anyone please advise how it works (especially after the merger)?

Thanks.
Yes, you can use them. I just used mine a month ago and there was absolutely no problem.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jbarm
Anyone know if this pass will allow a child in along with my spouse? The pass says two people, but I have had passes with other programs that allowed a spouse and children in the lounge.

I would hate to leave my spouse in the terminal while lounging with my child. j/k :-)
If the pass says two people, no problem. Child... well, not your son in the Army but a child, generally "yes" as well.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:42 pm

Admirals Club access with Dividend Miles day pass?

Is the "old", still unexpired, usairways credit card free day pass, which states on its face that it is for domestic lounges only, good for both the international departure (lhr) and the domestic connection (dfw) on the same calendar day at the Admiral's clubs?

There is a 5 hours DFW layover which is the priority for access. If they take the pass at LHR do you get a receipt for access the same day at other AC?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mmthomas44
Is the "old", still unexpired, usairways credit card free day pass, which states on its face that it is for domestic lounges only, good for both the international departure (lhr) and the domestic connection (dfw) on the same calendar day at the Admiral's clubs?

There is a 5 hours DFW layover which is the priority for access. If they take the pass at LHR do you get a receipt for access the same day at other AC?
You can always ask, but I wouldn't expect it to be valid at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.