FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LUS: Complimentary Barclays US MC US Club Day Pass - Use in Admirals Club? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1667424-lus-complimentary-barclays-us-mc-us-club-day-pass-use-admirals-club.html)

sbbi Mar 30, 2015 1:32 pm

LUS: Complimentary Barclays US MC US Club Day Pass - Use in Admirals Club?

Hi,

After AA and US merger, can I use these passes in AA Admiral lounges?

Also I know one does not need to present the paper pass to access the lounge and only needs to let staff know the dividend miles number. I have multiple US mastercards and so I received multiple welcome letters with the pass. I wonder if i have multiple pass "credits" stored in my account? Can anyone please advise how it works (especially after the merger)?

Thanks.

tag1084 Mar 31, 2015 5:00 am

You can use them in admirals lounges now. Not 100% sure how the later would work. I am under the impression only 1 DM account per person and only 1 MasterCard per DM account so you would only get 1 day pass.

mh4ll Mar 31, 2015 6:17 am

Some people can have multiple Barclays USDM MCs - it's very YMMV. I do, my wife cannot.

Regardless, you can have multiple passes on your account and don't need the paper. Just ask the club agent to check your FF account for a pass, and they can tell you how many you have left and what their expiration dates are.

ThreeJulietTango Apr 2, 2015 12:39 am

Yes, especially considering that they're all technically Admirals Clubs now. Your passes will expire on March 16, 2016 at the latest.

seahawkflyer Sep 9, 2015 1:06 am

Question. I have a day pass from my Barclays card that says US and Admirals. No where on the pass does it say I have to be holding a US/AA ticket. Can I use it if I'm flying same day on another airline?

JDiver Sep 9, 2015 1:25 am

Originally Posted by seahawkflyer (Post 25397603)
Question. I have a day pass from my Barclays card that says US and Admirals. No where on the pass does it say I have to be holding a US/AA ticket. Can I use it if I'm flying same day on another airline?

AFAIK, you don't have to be flying; you merely have to have airside access to the terminal or concourse housing the Admirals Club, so it's more about getting airside through security.

Redhead Sep 9, 2015 6:05 am

Originally Posted by seahawkflyer (Post 25397603)

So long as you can access the terminal, yes you can use the club.

jbarm Sep 11, 2015 9:03 am

Anyone know if this pass will allow a child in along with my spouse? The pass says two people, but I have had passes with other programs that allowed a spouse and children in the lounge.

I would hate to leave my spouse in the terminal while lounging with my child. j/k :-)

formeraa Sep 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi (Post 24590213)
Hi,

After AA and US merger, can I use these passes in AA Admiral lounges?

Also I know one does not need to present the paper pass to access the lounge and only needs to let staff know the dividend miles number. I have multiple US mastercards and so I received multiple welcome letters with the pass. I wonder if i have multiple pass "credits" stored in my account? Can anyone please advise how it works (especially after the merger)?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use them. I just used mine a month ago and there was absolutely no problem.

JDiver Sep 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by jbarm (Post 25410074)
Anyone know if this pass will allow a child in along with my spouse? The pass says two people, but I have had passes with other programs that allowed a spouse and children in the lounge.

I would hate to leave my spouse in the terminal while lounging with my child. j/k :-)

If the pass says two people, no problem. Child... well, not your son in the Army :D but a child, generally "yes" as well.

mmthomas44 Oct 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Admirals Club access with Dividend Miles day pass?

Is the "old", still unexpired, usairways credit card free day pass, which states on its face that it is for domestic lounges only, good for both the international departure (lhr) and the domestic connection (dfw) on the same calendar day at the Admiral's clubs?

There is a 5 hours DFW layover which is the priority for access. If they take the pass at LHR do you get a receipt for access the same day at other AC?

mvoight Oct 18, 2015 12:28 am

Originally Posted by mmthomas44 (Post 25578631)
Is the "old", still unexpired, usairways credit card free day pass, which states on its face that it is for domestic lounges only, good for both the international departure (lhr) and the domestic connection (dfw) on the same calendar day at the Admiral's clubs?

There is a 5 hours DFW layover which is the priority for access. If they take the pass at LHR do you get a receipt for access the same day at other AC?

You can always ask, but I wouldn't expect it to be valid at LHR.