Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Access with Citi Prestige Card (ENDED 23 Jul 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Admirals Club Access with Citi Prestige MasterCard
CLUB ACCESS ENDED 23 JULY 2017

"Your key to airport lounges around the globe. Simply present the Citi Prestige Card and your boarding pass to gain access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges worldwide. aa.com/admiralsclub. You will have no more access to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges as of July 23, 2017. " Link[/U].

Linkto updated end date article from The Points Guy.

Link to original (and incorrect date) Boarding Area article.

scubadu: Click "Learn More" under Airport Lounge Access and note this text:

"Your key to airport lounges around the globe. Simply present the Citi Prestige Card and your boarding pass to gain access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges worldwide. aa.com/admiralsclub. You will have access to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges until June 20th 23 July, 2017. After that, you’ll no longer have complimentary access with your Prestige card."
The Citi Prestige Card

Cost: $450 annual ($350 for Citigold clients) plus $50 per additional cardholder.

Link to Citi Prestige Card front page

Link to Additional Citi Prestige Card Information and FAQs

Citi Prestige Card Member Benefits (March 2015)

Admirals Club access (not membership)

Citi Prestige Card holder must present a stand-by ticket or boarding pass showing an American and/or American Eagle carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit.)
  • $250 Statement Credit for Air Travel each year**
  • Complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select
  • Complimentary 4th night for any hotel stay**
  • No Foreign Transaction Fees on Purchases*
  • $100 Global Entry application fee credit**
  • Access to the MasterCard® Airport Concierge™ service**
  • Transfer points for miles around the world with ThankYou® Points Transfer**

• Earns ThankYou Points, not AA miles

• Complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, and Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide** (N.B. THIS CARD DOES NOT PROVIDE ADMIRALS CLUB MEMBERSHIP; it provides access with several restrictions.)

• $450 Annual Fee, 15.24% variable APR*

ADMIRALS CLUB® ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:

Benefit applies to Citi Prestige® primary cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number only. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club® lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World EliteTM MasterCard®, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., and (iii) any additional required documentation. Prestige cardmembers must present a stand-by ticket or boarding pass, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight. To locate a current list of lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. For more information, please see Admirals Club Access Privileges for Citi Prestige in the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at www.citi.com/citiprestige.

PRIORITY PASS SELECT LOUNGE ACCESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Primary and Authorized users are granted complimentary access to the Priority Pass lounges and allowed a maximum of up to two guests or and immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age). Any additional guests will be charged a $27 per guest, per visit charge. For the full conditions of use please visit http://www.prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm.

Other cards (none at this time)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Access with Citi Prestige Card (ENDED 23 Jul 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
They typically just ask how many guests, and that's it. You should be fine.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks, folks!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by schalliol
I have a Citi Prestige card that for now allows Admirals Club access to guests on the same itinerary. Egencia, at work, booked these at the same time, but they have different record locator numbers. Is there a way on American to combine these to the same itinerary so my guest can be allowed in the club? Thanks!
No, there is not. Nor does AA have the ability to "link"PNRs other than to annotate them referencing each other, etc. Your guest does not have to have the same PNR as you for Club admission.

"The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests."

We will merge this into the existing thread to prevent information fragmentation. /Moderator
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by JDiver
"The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests."
Just to confirm folks:
The rep said to TPG that "all guests are required to be traveling with the primary cardholder on the same American Airlines and/or American Eagle itinerary"

It sounds like in practice, that's not the case from the posters above, but beware.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Reminder:

Admirals Club access with Citi AAdvantage Prestige card is over 23 July 2017
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Will be interesting to see if the Citi Prestige access changes affect the number of bodies inside the AC lounges.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jcatman
Will be interesting to see if the Citi Prestige access changes affect the number of bodies inside the AC lounges.
Let us know - I bailed on A/C due to overcrowding a while back.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My primary AC use (with this card) was PHX. A couple trips ago, I discovered that small Priority Pass lounge all the way at the end of the D gates (I think). Small, unassuming lounge...but a better complimentary beer/liquor selection than the AC. Food might be a smidge better too, although that's not a high bar to leap over. (And it's nowhere near what a decent international lounge would have.)

I wonder if that lounge is suddenly going to get a lot more crowded. Hopefully I'm overestimating how many people actually have this card, because this isn't a big lounge at all.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:14 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jcatman
Many pax (like me) may have switched to the EXECUTIVE card...so 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Maybe more than half a dozen of the other, since as long as they made me (too) get the Executive card, every time I see another family member, Citi is getting another AU and the Admirals Clubs are getting more potential customers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Maybe more than half a dozen of the other, since as long as they made me (too) get the Executive card, every time I see another family member, Citi is getting another AU and the Admirals Clubs are getting more potential customers.
Same here. Now if I could just convince my family members to chip in for the fee...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Here's hoping AC access for AUs ends soon.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Hey, not too soon.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Hey, not too soon.
The sooner, the better. Lounge overcrowding is getting out of hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.