Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the ARCHIVE through 2015 for older posts from the MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability - Help, Assistance & Discussion (consolidated) thread.

Some of you might have found your thread merged into this "consolidated" thread. If your desire is to become thoroughly familiar with the knowledge that has been accumulated about the process for acquiring MileSAAver awards feel free to read this entire thread. If you only want the assistance from those who have the knowledge your request has been merged at the end. Feel free to wait for a forthcoming answer.

If you have reached this thread by using the search process you have the same choices as above. Read the thread and become knowledgeable or post at the end and wait for a forthcoming answer.

thanks
~magic111

This wikipost can be edited by members with 90 days' tenure and 90 posts; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner).

Other useful resources include:

MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity >= Aug 2011 onward (consolidated)

oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Help with British Airways / BA surcharge / YQ (AA award on BA, consolidated)

UK APD / Air Passenger Duty charged for UK departures

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:59 pm

MileSAAver Holiday Award Availability

Hello,
I spent many hours searching FT for an answer but not really finding what I need.
I'm trying to avoid Christmas at GF's parents so I said I would take her anywhere AA or oneworld flies-South/Cental America, South Pacific, Asia (any warm place). Leaving out of SAN/LAX-Biz or 1st Class
My travel time is flexible but departure and return is about 12/18 to 1/3. AA said all oneworld partners are booked and AA has only AAnytime available on most routes.

My questions is, will either oneworld or Milesaaver seats become available as I get close to these dates? Do the airlines release inventory within X days of travel? Or should I just bite the bullet and take the AAnytime travel now.

If the answer is yes to inventory becoming open, will the third party service like Expert Flyer be a better source to finding a destination on oneworld than calling AA everyday?
Thank you

Last edited by dstan; Feb 16, 2010 at 11:52 am
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
DelmarDave, Welcome to FT,

Yes it is possible that milesaaver awards could open up, but there is no guarantee. EF would be the best way to monitor the flights.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:30 pm

MileSAAver availability on ORD-PVG

I tried to book an one-way MileSAAver Business/first class ticket on ORD-PVG flight. It turned out both MileSAAver awards were not available from Dec 16th - Dec 25th, MileSAnytime awards were available though. My question is: according to history or your experience, is there any chance that the MileSAAver awards may open up on these dates later? Or should I just go ahead book the MileSAnytime award to secure a ticket? Thank you fellow posters.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Anything is possible, but SAAver awards tend to be slim at Thanksgiving, Christmas and other popular holidays to fly. If they do not sell the seats they predict, they might open up SAAver seats - but it's a gamble, IMO.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:41 pm

It will not happen. There was some SAVER availability before 12/20 2-3 months ago, but at this point it's too late, even for an economic downturn. As far as First/Business SAVER availability around 12/24-25, I have never ever seen it become available. Even Economy SAVER seats around 12/24-25 haven't been available for the last 6 months.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:17 pm

Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:38 am

Smile New to boards - SAAver question

Hi I was wondering if anyone has been able to use Milesaaver awards on new years eve or new years day out of JFK to Europe. I am interested in a cruise Jan 2, 2011 out of BCN. I was able to book a hotel in bcn for dec 31-jan2 using Hilton points. Just wondering if anyone had any input.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
get on aa.com feb 1 & every day there after.....you might not be able to see anything for a few days [theres something about 330 ish days before]....

also search this forum for your topic.....good luck...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:30 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

While your new thread will likely be merged into an existing one relating to the question, I will say the availability of low fares / MileSAAver awards is predicated by AA's Revenue Management software and people - predicted high sales / heavy loads, less likelihood of lower fares or SAAver awards.

The system allocates dynamically, based on sales / seats taken up - so whilst a certain number of seats might be allocated 330 days out, they might not for high season travel days; seats may be added (or not) as sales firm up (or fail to.)

In my opinion, SAAver seats are possible in your scenario, but not so likely. You might be able to increase your success by using a service like ExpertFlyer to notify you when the appropriate inventory opens up.

Be sure to take some time to familiarize yourself with the excellent FAQ and Wiki for this Forum, and to learn how to get the most out of the Advanced Search (or how to use alternate Search engines linked to for Forum searches). That will undoubtedly add to your knowledge about flying AA, the FFP, awards, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:31 am

Thanks. I'll be on then when they come out I was just wondering if anyone was able to get to use their miles around New years
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
SAAver Award Availability Help

Perhaps this is a stupid question. But having never booked a transatlantic award I have no idea what to expect or what's normal. Can anyone comment on the odds of two award seats opening up in U or Z between, say, LHR and SFO April? I'm trying to fly back from Paris with my SO on 4/4 or 4/5 and am happy to connect in LHR (could also try to connect in FRA I suppose). I'd even settle for economy sAAver. But nothing is currently available. So what's the procedure? Do I just book something I would never fly and then hope that the inventory opens up some time between now and then? How likely is it that I'd end up having to cancel my trip because the inventory didn't become available?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:16 pm

I have no idea how you are looking, but I can certainly see two Z seats on Tuesday 4/5 on AA 115 LHR-JFK. And on AA 105, AA 107... As to T or U, I suspect within a couple of weeks of travel would be a better time to find seats released by RM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

And don't forget: One can also redeem for the Air Tahiti Nui nonstop from CDG to LAX, assuming that there is award availability.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
I can see the Z seats on 4/5. But I won't have the miles for them until the end of Feb. I'm currently holding two biz seats on 4/4 on ATN, actually. My complication is mainly hotel. I suppose I could ticket the itinerary, and then switch to those Z seats on 4/5 as soon as I've got the miles. The taxes on the ATN biz seats are at least twice the taxes on the AA F seats...go figure. The whole situation just makes me kinda nervous.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:45 pm

Any chance of sAAver awards to Europe in August?

Maybe it's a silly question. As of now, there are no coach or business class saaver awards available, at all, to anywhere in europe that I've checked for late July / early August. I'm particularly after Geneva or Zurich, but am flexible.

Is there any point to waiting and seeing as we get closer, or does such a beast simply not exist?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.